Thread: Lupo's stereo upgade.

Post Lupo's stereo upgade.

Just an update on getting the stereo upgraded in my baby.

I've settled on Focal "Utopia" speakers: 2 x 6 1/2" mid/low mid for the lower kick panels, 2 x 1 3/8" tweeters in the doors, and 4 x 5" sub woofers, that's 2 subs under each seat!

BMW built a great box under each seat with plenty of room for the two 5" subs. Two Audison amps will power the speakers: One 200 watt per 2 channel and 1 x 500 watt mono block for the subs.

The amps will be mounted on the back board, inside the trunk. Everything will look stock, except for the amps which will be visible when you open the trunk. Not a bad thing, as the amps are designed quite well. The rear "fill" speakers will stay as they are powered by the stock BMW amp. The stock system is very, very basic. It has small 1 x 6 channel amp, that puts out about 35 watts per channel. Not that great. Speakers are middle of the road, and really not conducive to producing good sound. The installation is being handled very professionally, and with care by Audio Lines, here in Vancouver

Pricey, but the car deserves it.

cheers..........Lupo

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Silver/Black

Great solution!!!

Thanks for information! How does it sound? Are You happy with it?
    Do you know the capacity of the stock boxes for the subs?
    I'm looking for the components to upgrade my system, and it's very few info about
    Z8 stereo.

This post was from back in 2003! The guy who did it has long gone, and no idea where that car is now either, but I'm sure you can get an awesome sound system that isn't nearly as intrusive with newer equipment.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Silver/Black
    Ok! I'll report about the results. Thanks