Thread: LA Area Z8 Meet Up & Drive

Z8 Novice

LA Area Z8 Meet Up & Drive

I am the new owner of a Z8 and would love to get together for a meet up and drive with other Los Angeles area Z8 owners. Seeing other beautiful Z8s gathered together and driving down the road would be a joy to my eyes. If you would be interested in attending such an event, please PM with your email address and the area where you live. This will help with the planning.

I welcome your suggestions on where and when to do this meet and drive. Once I get some responses, I will try and start planning this event.

Z8 Novice
    Great Idea. Would love to participate. Angeles Crest, A back road Palm Springs run or Lake Arrowhead. All 3 would be fun in these cars.

Z8 Novice
    In addition .....How about a full turn out in August at Legends of Autobaughn in Monterey ? Z8's have been sparse if any the past few years. Might be fun to show them off. Been going there for 39 of 40 years ( Covid ruined the streak ). Anyway, can provide lots of tips and some decent Airbnd tips. No disappointments. I typically host one Monterey rookie every year at our Abnb.

I go every year for the vintage races, Run a GT350 in BP. But also to the Werks show for Porsche. Ferrari moved their show to race day a couple years ago, but a fun show if not interested in vintage races. Sunday is the Pebble Beach Show. A must if you have never done it. Pretty sure I can set up a early breakfast with a car Icon at the cafe above the putting green, over looking the concept cars.

Z8 Novice
    Thanks for the great suggestions!

Z8 Novice
    Lets pick a date. I can also arrange a date at Willow Springs for a group session of Z8's, no one needs to go crazy, but can enjoy legally what they can do. Great mature instructors. BTW I have found that the Z8s are better than most think. The seat is on the axle and that tells you what the rear end is doing. My Z4 was like this. A little throttle solves most under steer issues in short order. A long hood is not a serious detriment. A good driver has a sensitive ass. That was a quote from the movie RUSH. LOL. James Hunt and Niki Lauda. I believe Niki said that to a gal on a date. But it is true. 25 years in SCCA and you learn a few things. Sometimes the hard way. oops.

I'll come take pictures for sure, spent a ton of time at Willow in the old days, love it up there, especially at this time of year!

https://www.bmwz8.us/gallery.php?GalleryID=14
    https://www.bmwz8.us/gallery.php?GalleryID=213
    https://www.bmwz8.us/gallery.php?Gal...214&ImgID=1274
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Looking forward to reading about the gathering and to viewing Andrew’s photo essay of the event!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Sport Button On
    I'm game, Temecula here.

Team Z8
    Keep us posted when there's a date set...I'll try to join, if schedule allows.

I'm based in Carlsbad, and would enjoy joining a meetup and drive.

Z8 Happy
    Sounds good here. Been too long for a drive.
    AKA Mark from SoCal

2003 Alpina - Black/Black
    Original Owner