Thread: Jack for Z8

Jack for Z8

hi all
    i ll soon exchange the Z8 tires - currently these are the Run flat one , although not far from new , i d like to experience a bit more confort with std michelin PS2 (as an example). i trust the very aligned comments from the owner on this point and this is a 1 k$ change , a lot but far less than any other modification to to be performed on the car so ..

of course , now i need a Jack inside the car , in case i get a flat tires .
    Thus the question - what do you have in your car as Jack ? what brand and P/N ? does BMW provide not one nice elegant kit in leather bag ?
    i have looked on the web , found BMW 71 10 2 182 448 but does not seems to be available ..even on ebay .

thx
    benoit

The Alpinas all came with the BMW Mobility kit rather than a jack. Those are available… not a jack but compact and will work for ordinary flats in a pinch.
    Thanks,
    Terry
    ALPINA #480/555
    Jet Black/Crema-Black

Sport Button On
    I ditched my ancient run-flats for Bridgestone Potenza Sport (non run-flats) and bought a BMW Mobility Kit...$138

Besides, what good would a jack be if you don't have a spare tire, which I presume probably couldn't fit in the trunk.
    1957 BMW 507 Papyrus/Blue
    2001 BMW Z8 Red/Crema

Quote Originally Posted by dinoz8 View Post
    I ditched my ancient run-flats for Bridgestone Potenza Sport (non run-flats) and bought a BMW Mobility Kit...$138

Besides, what good would a jack be if you don't have a spare tire, which I presume probably couldn't fit in the trunk.
    I carry a can of "Fix-A-Flat" in the Z8 as well as in my E39 M5 and Z3M roadster, non of which have run-flats or a spare. Plus, I have AAA in the event a tire is too damaged to limp home with Fix-A-Flat. The M5 and Z3M have their original BMW Mobility kits, but the sealant included with those kits has a limited shelf life, probably expired more than a decade ago.....

Thx all for the answers - so Mobility kit seems to be the best option..!( Dino , very right , was thinking about a small tire to be inflated, like in old Porsche - but mobilty kit is surely a more compact solution )i know what to buy then !many thanks benoit

Sport Button On
    The mobility kit is just small enough to fit on the trunk floor alongside the battery/fuse block, so everything, toolkit, first aid kit, battery charger pack and mobility kit, are neatly under the carpeted trunk floor panel. At least I think that's everything.
    2001 BMW Z8 Red/Crema

Sport Button On
    Quote Originally Posted by becaze View Post
    I left out the warning triangle because it's my understanding they were not included in USA cars.
    2001 BMW Z8 Red/Crema