Thread: Is it time to move to run flats?

Is it time to move to run flats?

I am beginning to think that I am not thinking clearly if I'm driving on freeways or back country roads at night with my wife with non run flat tires. I haven't had a mishap yet with my Michelin Super Sports, but I do have a sense of unease at times, as I'm cruising along and wondering, whether that inflation kit will still work after so many years sitting unused in the trunk.
    I do love my Michelin Super Sports on 20 inch wheels and I'm sure the new Michelin non RFT replacements ride just as well, but it is probably time to move to run flats, especially since they have may advanced sufficiently.
    Currently, I find that I can't avail myself of the new Michelin ZP line as the staggered sizes of 285/30 and 255/35 are not available. So I must consider other manufacturers. I heard from a little birdie high up at Bridgestone that they are coming out with a RFT upgrade next year.
    So, here is the question. Can any folk who have switched from non RFT to newer high performance RFT describe their replacement and their perceptions of change in ride quality and noise? Are you happy with the change?

Satch has heaped high praise on his, so hopefully he'll chime in and add to the topic, but as you know I'm no longer a sportscar owner so have not really kept up to date on all that.

I can however tell you a lot about 35" off road tires should you ever need to know!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Andrew, you are probably an expert on the new Bronco with the optional 35 inch tires. :-)
    I recall that Satch had shared his experience earlier with his choice of run flats. It would be nice to get an update.