Thread: Window sticker?

Window sticker?

Anyone ever able to procure a replacement or duplicate window sticker for their car? Either from BMW or another source? Thanks,
    StuM
    2006 FORD GT
    Various Porscheís, Bimmers, Astonís, classics, Superformance...
    2013 M3 Lime Rock Edition coupe (sold)
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder (sold)
    1967 Corvette 427 roadster (sold)
    2013 Maser MC convt (sold)
    2014 BMW i8 (sold)
    2017 Audi R8 Plus coupe (sold)
    2017 FORD Raptor Screw
    2019 Rubicon
    2002 Z8 (2)
    2001 Z8
    2019 911 Turbo S
    1968 Nova SS

Window Sticker?

Hi Stu,

The original window sticker was the only thing from the long list of bits and bobs that would have originally come with my Z8 that I was unable to acquire from one source or another. Then, a couple of years ago I came across Stuttgart Studios (www.stuttgartstudios.com) that specializes in creating extremely accurate reproductions of window stickers (also known as Monroneys) for Porsches. The owner, Chris Rieman, was willing to work with me to create a nearly exact duplicate of what my original Z8 window sticker would have looked like. The window sticker blank for the Z8 was the same used for all other BMWs of that time, and we were able to find images of original Z8 window stickers on the internet to enable Chris to fill in the appropriate wording, print size and type, etc. I then provided him my car-specific information (ie, interior/exterior color, port of entry, sold to/ship to information, etc. I was very pleased with the end product, and when compared side-by-side with the original window sticker of my 2002 E39 M5 they are very, very close. Probably the only thing I would have him do differently would be to print it on a lighter paper stock, the reproduction is printed on a heavier grade of paper than the original. I purchased two copies from Chris, one of which I framed and hang in my garage at my Florida house alongside the original Monroney for my M5.

Bill

Thanks Bill

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    Hi Stu,

The original window sticker was the only thing from the long list of bits and bobs that would have originally come with my Z8 that I was unable to acquire from one source or another. Then, a couple of years ago I came across Stuttgart Studios (www.stuttgartstudios.com) that specializes in creating extremely accurate reproductions of window stickers (also known as Monroneys) for Porsches. The owner, Chris Rieman, was willing to work with me to create a nearly exact duplicate of what my original Z8 window sticker would have looked like. The window sticker blank for the Z8 was the same used for all other BMWs of that time, and we were able to find images of original Z8 window stickers on the internet to enable Chris to fill in the appropriate wording, print size and type, etc. I then provided him my car-specific information (ie, interior/exterior color, port of entry, sold to/ship to information, etc. I was very pleased with the end product, and when compared side-by-side with the original window sticker of my 2002 E39 M5 they are very, very close. Probably the only thing I would have him do differently would be to print it on a lighter paper stock, the reproduction is printed on a heavier grade of paper than the original. I purchased two copies from Chris, one of which I framed and hang in my garage at my Florida house alongside the original Monroney for my M5.

Bill
    Thanks a million, Bill. I may see if this is the source I need to use. I confirmed with BMW N/A today that they can not reproduce the sticker, but they do retain the data on each car. Thanks again.
    StuM
    2006 FORD GT
    Various Porscheís, Bimmers, Astonís, classics, Superformance...
    2013 M3 Lime Rock Edition coupe (sold)
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder (sold)
    1967 Corvette 427 roadster (sold)
    2013 Maser MC convt (sold)
    2014 BMW i8 (sold)
    2017 Audi R8 Plus coupe (sold)
    2017 FORD Raptor Screw
    2019 Rubicon
    2002 Z8 (2)
    2001 Z8
    2019 911 Turbo S
    1968 Nova SS

Team Z8
    I'm missing my window sticker as well...thanks Bill!