Thread: Hazy clear bra

Hazy clear bra

Has anyone had a problem with a vinyl clear bra becoming hazy? When I purchased this car the vinyl protection strips were clear, but they have now become cloudy and look terrible. I have had a professional detailer try to polish them, but he was unable to clear them up. I removed the vinyl from the narrow section below the front grill, but that small area took three hours to remove and that would be impractical for the remainder of the car.
    Does anyone have any experience with this happening or any suggestions either to remove the vinyl or polish it?

Any installer can remove it professionally fairly quickly and inexpensively (possibly free if you have them apply a new one which you should). I have not heard or seen that happen before - it must be old and from the "early days" of clear bra.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

DSC Off
    Iím with Skip - that wrap has reached end of life. Get some new stuff installed.

Sport Button On

Hazy Clear Bra

Quote Originally Posted by blarson51 View Post
    Has anyone had a problem with a vinyl clear bra becoming hazy? When I purchased this car the vinyl protection strips were clear, but they have now become cloudy and look terrible. I have had a professional detailer try to polish them, but he was unable to clear them up. I removed the vinyl from the narrow section below the front grill, but that small area took three hours to remove and that would be impractical for the remainder of the car.
    Does anyone have any experience with this happening or any suggestions either to remove the vinyl or polish it?
    I had the same thing happen to my clear bra a few years back. Suggest removing right away before the plastic deteriorates further and makes it difficult to remove. For me I was able to peel it off the painted portions in just a few minutes without residue. I did not need to take to a professional. I still have the clear bra on the bumper though.