Thread: New BMW Logo

Sport Button On - DSC Off

New BMW Logo

Stick one of these on our cars and people will think the car is a concept car!

https://www.motor1.com/news/402150/b...-flatter-logo/

I felt the now “old logo” was iconic and untouchable, shows you what I know about company branding. Thanks for sharing Patrick!
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    I *think* that I like it - will wait to see it on a car - but definitely looks more modern in my opinion, while retaining the iconic look.

Ewww.... horrible... just horrible! Yes the logo can move forward, but the new design creates more visual problems with no upside.

I think it's only for the website and e-comm stuff where the 'see through - was black' lies. As this illustration shows, it might be a little sparse on a white car, and white is now the best selling color of all!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Yea... still sucks!

It’s going to take a good while to get used to the front end of the car too. That grill looks pretty close to a pair of Edsel grills.

Regrettably, BMW has joined the other car brands in their race to the bottom with respect to who can present the biggest, silliest, most garish grille. Lexus may still hold first place, but the BMW 7 Series is certainly a strong contender. Look at the front of a e38 7 Series from the late nineties/early 2000's and then look at the current 7 Series and it makes you want to cry for a great company that has lost its way.

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    Regrettably, BMW has joined the other car brands in their race to the bottom with respect to who can present the biggest, silliest, most garish grille. Lexus may still hold first place, but the BMW 7 Series is certainly a strong contender. Look at the front of a e38 7 Series from the late nineties/early 2000's and then look at the current 7 Series and it makes you want to cry for a great company that has lost its way.
    Look at the current Pickup trucks and it won't seem so bad.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    This badge is hideous. First one looks like a sixth grade arts and crafts product. Agreed on BMW's current grills. IMO they are far worse than Lexus. With Lexus at least there is a consistency whether it be the SUV, RC, LC, etc. It is a bolt modern interpretation of the old railway cowpusher The BMW grills, to me, are just garish and inconsistent across the model range. Let's be real. BMW used to be a small manufacturer of premium automobiles that were not intended to appeal to the global masses. BMW of today is not the BMW of the 507 era. Heck, I'd say the Z8 may have marked the beginning of the end, if not the end, of the distinctively BMW BMW era.

I have to agree, they've become an auto-appliance manufacturer for a culture that leases labels not cars. It's a different world and they're adapting to an ever changing market and consumer. I'm afraid we car guys a dying breed, and ironically I've been here before, as a boy I was obsessed with toy trains and steam locomotives - who remembers those today?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I have to agree, they've become an auto-appliance manufacturer for a culture that leases labels not cars. It's a different world and they're adapting to an ever changing market and consumer. I'm afraid we car guys a dying breed, and ironically I've been here before, as a boy I was obsessed with toy trains and steam locomotives - who remembers those today?
    I fear you are entirely correct. Dying breed indeed and sadly so. Leasing was adverse to the collector car market/mentality and in so many ways.

Yes, I still have my first truly memorable Christmas present! A Lionel train set!