Thread: Z8 Limited Edition Prints

Z8 Limited Edition Prints

At Patrick’s suggestion, and to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Z8 coming to market, here is the limited edition print set that I made available a while back. There have been a lot of advances in both paper and printing machines available to us since that first set was made, which I’m excited to see on these images.

For seventeen years the Z8 was my muse, so these pictures are fragments of an automotive love story. They combine my father's passion for driving with my mother's love of beauty. My mother was a fashion designer and my father was a race car driver, a motor journalist and also a director of the National Motor Museum in Beaulieu. I literally grew up in a car museum and got my start in photography there as I worked in the photo department as a holiday job before moving up to London when I left school.

There will only ever been 15 prints in total made of each of these images, and number sold is indicated by the red dots below each image.

There will only be two sizes available for this second printing. The prints will be made on museum quality archival exhibition paper.

Small - 24 x 17 with 4” border (image size 20 x 13.3) - $375 each + shipping

Large - 36 x 24 with 4” border (image size 30 x 20) - $500 each + shipping

When you get your print it will appear as the top image here with the image and edition info on it. I suggest that you have it window mounted to cover that part, but revealing just the edition number and signature as shown below.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

This shot was from the fourth day of the Volcano Tour, looking north east towards the three sisters after pulling out of Bend, Oregon. The Volcano Tour, August, 2010

Andrew Macpherson

This was at our fourth stop, up at Crater Lake, one of the most beautiful spots I have ever been. At the time I remember think that I would never find a more perfect spot to line up the cars, and I never did. This is my own personal favorite group shot of the all. The Volcano Tour, August, 2010

Andrew Macpherson

I would often shoot through the Z8's windscreen as I wanted to capture the memory of being in such a beautiful line of cars, and this to me was one of those peak moments. We had just completed the group shot above, and were headed back to the hotel to celebrate the day. The Volcano Tour, August, 2010

Andrew Macpherson

This shot is of the six cars that made the whole journey to Monterey, as several of the Oregon owners headed back north to Seattle after Crater Lake. This shot was also used as the cover of Roundel that same year, with a story on the drive. The Volcano Tour, August, 2010

Andrew Macpherson

This was another incredible personal peak moment. We'd driven inland from the coast on an incredible series of roads, weaving up through river valleys and densely wooded mountain roads. The static scent of lightening filled our nostrils and thunder boomed above the roar of our V8's as we flew down onto the open farmland by Weed. As we turned south towards Shasta, the clouds opened and a rainbow sparkled into sight. The Volcano Tour, August, 2010

Andrew Macpherson

This shot was made on one of the incredible journeys that Jürgen & Sylvi Wunderlich arranged during the wonderful days that they ran the Z8 Club in Europe. We were climbing up into the Alps after our magical trip to the Villa D'Este, somewhere between the Italian border and St Moritz where we stopped for lunch. May, 2006

Andrew Macpherson

Another shot from Europe, this was on the tenth year anniversary trip, and shows all the members of the European Z8 Club lined up outside the BMW Welt building in Munich. Sept 2010.

Andrew Macpherson

Back to our own events here in the US, this shot was made with one of our biggest gathering of Z8's during the 2008 Monterey Car Week, as we did the glorious loop that goes out through the Carmel Valley and turned back towards the coast through the beautiful Hunter Liggett Valley. For those curious about rare color combos, the second car in is one of only two Stratus/Red cars in the US. Monterey, August 2008.

Andrew Macpherson

This shot is taken from our fourth Napa Drive, and was also used as a Roundel cover. Sept 2012.

Andrew Macpherson

Here the cars of the fourth Napa Drive are assembled in front of the historic Chateau Montelena. That was an awesome dinner, and for all those who haven't watched 'Bottle Shock' it's an absolutely awesome film about the Chateau, highly recommended. Napa, Sept 2012.

Andrew Macpherson

This shot was from one of our wonderful Spring Flings up to Cambria and Hearst Castle. Santa Rosa Creek, CA, 2012.

Andrew Macpherson

This shot was taken at Laguna Seca during the 2008 car week. Monterey, Aug, 2008.

Andrew Macpherson

This shot was taken high on the Angeles Crest, just north of Los Angeles, very close to the first spot I ever saw a Z8. It was a very early test car in the spring of '99, with a curious chrome grille on it. I already knew it was coming, and that it was the car I wanted, but it was great seeing it flying along my favorite back road. Los Angeles, 2013.

Andrew Macpherson

Another shot from Highway 1, the road that was used in all the Z8 marketing material, but was also our favorite stomping ground for the Spring Flings and the many trips up the Monterey Peninsular. May 2013.

Andrew Macpherson

These last few shots are beauty shots of my own cars

AH60789 at dawn, just south of Half Moon Bay, CA. Nov, 2005.

Andrew Macpherson

The other side of AH60789 at dawn, just south of Half Moon Bay, CA. Nov, 2005.

Andrew Macpherson

AH61888 above Highway 1, near St Lucia. Aug, 2013.

Andrew Macpherson

AH61888 on her first long drive, Death Valley, August 2007.

Andrew Macpherson

AF77715 on Piuma Road, Malibu. 2004.

Andrew Macpherson

AH60789 above Los Angeles, Dec 2005.

Andrew Macpherson

AF77715 front on in the studio, Dec, 2002.

Andrew Macpherson

AF77715 in the studio, rear 3/4. Dec 2002.

Andrew Macpherson

That's everything I have that's print ready, but of course anything that is mine on the site can be printed.

Putting this together has had me thinking about my dad a lot, and how grateful I am that he inspired me to follow my passion. Most of us here are guys, many of us are fathers but all of us are sons, so I would like to share my dad's obituary because I'm so proud this man was my father, and I think it will also help understand where my passion for the road comes from. Father's obituary.

Also just for fun, here's the cover of the one and only book here ever wrote, says it all really, even with the crazy sixties design!

Andrew Macpherson

Not too surprising that the e type is the hero of the cool 60s cover! Your dad gave you a priceless legacy!

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    A other side of AH60789 at dawn, just south of Half Moon Bay, CA. Nov, 2005.
    Andrew,
    Please put me down for the large option of this one.
    Your remarkable photos will serve as a wonderful legacy highlighting one of the most beautiful vehicles from the era of internal combustion.
    Best,
    Ted

Thanks so much Ted, this is something unique that I will not make available again after Dec 2020.

As you know I have resisted making the site either donation or fee driven, so this is also a great way to support the site.
    Andrew Macpherson

DSC Off
    Hi Andrew,

Could I sign up for a small print of Death Valley?

David

Absolutely, yes, I've marked your sale on it. Email me your mailing address to [email protected] and I'll get it going for you next week.
    Andrew Macpherson

Proud owner of one of these! I pretend it's a shot of mine.
    Greg AH61930 - 2003 - Silver/Black

Anyone else interested in getting print, it will help keep the wheels oiled in these hard days for us freelancers :-)
    Andrew Macpherson