Thread: Blue :: 2020 Ford GT

1. Blue
    General Information
    Blue
    Ford
    GT
    Blue

Comments: 18 / Views: 730
    Congratulations on your selection by Ford! What is it like to drive?
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Stunning, please share more pictures and driver reviews too!!

This crossed my radar as well today!

https://www.instagram.com/p/B7e8gg5n...on_share_sheet
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

WOW !!! What a beautiful car. Fabulous color as well.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

DSC Off
    Thanks for the comments. Given that it was delivered here in western NYS in a rain and snow mix, no driving, will be months. Just had it delivered to a shop to be wrapped. I’ll get a couple more photos in the garage.

Understood about the wet roads. How was your experience during the interview/evaluation phase by Ford? I understand it is difficult to be selected from a friend who is a “Ford guy” who was upset he wasn’t chosen.
    My Best,

Ed

DSC Off
    For me the application was not much. I didn’t go to the trouble of submitting a video or anything, just waited for the call which finally came last spring. At one point I was asked if I wanted to apply for Heritage edition but then turned down I’m very happy how it turned out, a sleeper car with silver wheels and calipers, with no stripe.
    David

Thank you for sharing your experiences David during the selection phase. On a car with such a complex exterior shape as the Ford GT, a simple color scheme is spot on, well done! Enjoy your new ride.
    My Best,

Ed

I LOVE the color, simply stunning, can't wait to hear your driving impressions!
    Andrew Macpherson

DSC Off
    in these times of the pandemic, spending allot of time in "self quarantine", spending allot of time revisting old forums. I sold my beautiful silver/red 2002 Z8 last spring to make room (also finances!) for my 2019 Ford GT. I miss my Z8 for sure! New GT is a race car and work of art! definitely not a every day driver (my 05 GT definitely could be)! Visited multimatic in Toranto where it is assembled, amazing company! they make one per day. Takes 9 days for each car to be hand assembled. Mine is a "carbon fiber" edition. Even the undertrays are beautiful!! Entire car (top, bottom and inside) was wrapped (expel).Name:  IMG_4180.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  221.2 KBName:  IMG_4186.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  188.7 KB

Wow, wow and wow, what a gorgeous machine, congratulations and enjoy in good health!
    Andrew Macpherson

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness 2112's Avatar
    Gorgeous Car. Excellent color choices. I have an '06 in Midnight Blue. My "acquiring-toys days" are over tho. In large part because I cannot part with that which I have already collected.

BTW, your perennials look great too. I can't wait for spring.............if the deer don't devour them first.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

DSC Off
    Thanks.
    hold on to your 06 GT. Many have been sold recently by those who have an allocation for the new one. They have or will regret selling it IMO. The 05-06 one of the last “analog” super cars! Has 6 speed , no traction control and gorgeous! Also by far one of the least costly super car to maintain over time! Drivetrain indestructible!

DSC Off
    Quote Originally Posted by efc View Post
    Thanks.
    hold on to your 06 GT. Many have been sold recently by those who have an allocation for the new one. They have or will regret selling it IMO. The 05-06 one of the last “analog” super cars! Has 6 speed , no traction control and gorgeous! Also by far one of the least costly super car to maintain over time! Drivetrain indestructible!
    Looks great! Mine is still being stored on the floor of the Ford dealership in Geneva, NY as I wait for the salt to wash off the roads. They have been very careful with it, building a fence just for this car, with no door so you can't even get inside without a step ladder.

DSC Off
    The photo of which I would share here but I can't seem to get it to happen. Is there a way to add a photo when on my iPad? Thanks.

DSC Off
    Took me awhile to figure it out. Go to advanced settings, to attachments,add image there by dragging it in. Then check it in preview.
    i live on lake Champlain, 3-4 hrs from you. Did you decide where to bring your car for servicing? None in New York. NJ or Boston?

DSC Off
    Hey, that's cool, another car in the north. Service, I asked the concierge and he said you'll have to go to NJ. Not doing that so will figure something else out. The Geneva dealership is asking for the OK to do oil changes. I have friends in Burlington, I'm originally from Gorham, NH.

These cars are just stunning, and it's so cool they're all American too!
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by efc View Post
    in these times of the pandemic, spending allot of time in "self quarantine", spending allot of time revisting old forums. I sold my beautiful silver/red 2002 Z8 last spring to make room (also finances!) for my 2019 Ford GT. I miss my Z8 for sure! New GT is a race car and work of art! definitely not a every day driver (my 05 GT definitely could be)! Visited multimatic in Toranto where it is assembled, amazing company! they make one per day. Takes 9 days for each car to be hand assembled. Mine is a "carbon fiber" edition. Even the undertrays are beautiful!! Entire car (top, bottom and inside) was wrapped (expel).
    Gorgeous car with performance to match! Enjoy!

I might consider selling my beloved Z8 too if there was a 2017 or newer Ford GT available to me
    My Best,

Ed