Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Z8 KEYS ON EBAY? WILL THESE WORK?

  1. #1
    Team Z8 Z8DinanS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    287

    Z8 KEYS ON EBAY? WILL THESE WORK?

    I recently locked my only key in the trunk. Had to order a new key from BMW. ~$250 and it arrives unprogrammed

    Found keys on Ebay for $49.
    Anyone knows if these keys will work on the Z8?

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-UNCUT-L...wgFJa6eBx#rwid

  2. #2
    It could be so long as you can get it cut and programmed.
    Andrew Macpherson

    Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

  3. #3
    Team Z8 Z8DinanS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    It could be so long as you can get it cut and programmed.
    That's what I'm wondering. I believe the frequencies may be different for different BMWs with the "diamond" key but I'm not sure about that. Was curious to know if anyone here might now the frequencies of our keys

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8DinanS2 View Post
    That's what I'm wondering. I believe the frequencies may be different for different BMWs with the "diamond" key but I'm not sure about that. Was curious to know if anyone here might now the frequencies of our keys
    The BMW model listing that is in the ad lists BMW Z8 on page 5 as being a supported model so at least they claim it would work.
    Skip Hammerman

    2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

  5. #5
    Team Z8 Z8DinanS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    The BMW model listing that is in the ad lists BMW Z8 on page 5 as being a supported model so at least they claim it would work.
    I'll give it a try!

Similar Threads

  1. Z8 badged ignition keys
    By GB36 in forum Z8 Chat Room
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: June 3rd 2019, 11:26
  2. Who else used their Z8 to go to work every day last week?
    By Musta10000 in forum Z8 Chat Room
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: August 23rd 2014, 01:10
  3. All in a day's work....
    By macfly in forum Z8 Chat Room
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: March 6th 2010, 20:14
  4. Hide the keys!!!
    By zilver8 in forum Z8 Chat Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 19th 2009, 12:42
  5. Recharging keys
    By Hudson Trader in forum Problems, Solutions and Long Term Maintenance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 8th 2009, 17:52