Thread: Tail Lights--BMW Issued Four Different Part Numbers as it revised Neon Lights?

Tail Lights--BMW Issued Four Different Part Numbers as it revised Neon Lights?

I remember reading, I believe somewhere on this site, a thread where it was noted BMW had repeatedly revised the part numbers for the tail lights on the Z8. But now I cannot find this information or post. Anyone know where it is or what the years of the various revisions were? Much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8DinanS2 View Post
    I remember reading, I believe somewhere on this site, a thread where it was noted BMW had repeatedly revised the part numbers for the tail lights on the Z8. But now I cannot find this information or post. Anyone know where it is or what the years of the various revisions were? Much appreciated.
    This might be the information you are looking for:

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    This might be the information you are looking for:
    Thank you! Actually, I was looking for the information that showed BMW has, four times now, revised the rear brake lights.

Quote Originally Posted by Z8DinanS2 View Post
    Thank you! Actually, I was looking for the information that showed BMW has, four times now, revised the rear brake lights.
    Can you be more specific? I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were looking for the part numbers from the past. What specific information are you exactly looking for? Do you believe there was an actual design/production/manufacturing change that is significant? If so, I do not recall ever hearing or reading about it, but maybe there is and if so I would like to know about it as well. My lights were replaced once, but I am concerned that they might go out again with time. Let us know what you are looking for and maybe we can recover the information.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    Can you be more specific? I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were looking for the part numbers from the past. What specific information are you exactly looking for? Do you believe there was an actual design/production/manufacturing change that is significant? If so, I do not recall ever hearing or reading about it, but maybe there is and if so I would like to know about it as well. My lights were replaced once, but I am concerned that they might go out again with time. Let us know what you are looking for and maybe we can recover the information.
    Yes, I read where BMW AG has revised, more than once, the neon tail lights over the years since 2000.