Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Tail Lights--BMW Issued Four Different Part Numbers as it revised Neon Lights?

  1. #1
    Team Z8 Z8DinanS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    287

    Tail Lights--BMW Issued Four Different Part Numbers as it revised Neon Lights?

    I remember reading, I believe somewhere on this site, a thread where it was noted BMW had repeatedly revised the part numbers for the tail lights on the Z8. But now I cannot find this information or post. Anyone know where it is or what the years of the various revisions were? Much appreciated.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8DinanS2 View Post
    I remember reading, I believe somewhere on this site, a thread where it was noted BMW had repeatedly revised the part numbers for the tail lights on the Z8. But now I cannot find this information or post. Anyone know where it is or what the years of the various revisions were? Much appreciated.
    This might be the information you are looking for:
     
    Skip Hammerman

    2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

  3. #3
    Team Z8 Z8DinanS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    This might be the information you are looking for:
    Thank you! Actually, I was looking for the information that showed BMW has, four times now, revised the rear brake lights.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8DinanS2 View Post
    Thank you! Actually, I was looking for the information that showed BMW has, four times now, revised the rear brake lights.
    Can you be more specific? I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were looking for the part numbers from the past. What specific information are you exactly looking for? Do you believe there was an actual design/production/manufacturing change that is significant? If so, I do not recall ever hearing or reading about it, but maybe there is and if so I would like to know about it as well. My lights were replaced once, but I am concerned that they might go out again with time. Let us know what you are looking for and maybe we can recover the information.
    Skip Hammerman

    2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

  5. #5
    Team Z8 Z8DinanS2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    Can you be more specific? I guess I misunderstood you. I thought you were looking for the part numbers from the past. What specific information are you exactly looking for? Do you believe there was an actual design/production/manufacturing change that is significant? If so, I do not recall ever hearing or reading about it, but maybe there is and if so I would like to know about it as well. My lights were replaced once, but I am concerned that they might go out again with time. Let us know what you are looking for and maybe we can recover the information.
    Yes, I read where BMW AG has revised, more than once, the neon tail lights over the years since 2000.

Similar Threads

  1. Tail lights available (may 2016)
    By Z-acht in forum Problems, Solutions and Long Term Maintenance
    Replies: 104
    Last Post: October 19th 2017, 09:17
  2. Tail Lights - Breaking News
    By dwz8 in forum Z8 Club Information
    Replies: 164
    Last Post: September 6th 2016, 17:37
  3. Tail lights
    By Z-acht in forum Z8 Chat Room
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: August 24th 2016, 23:16
  4. Tail lights
    By Z-acht in forum Body, Interior and Exterior
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: October 21st 2013, 13:33