Thread: Rare Lightweight HRE wheels with new 255/19 and 285/19 Tires

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8DinanS2's Avatar

Rare Lightweight HRE wheels with new 255/19 and 285/19 Tires

True period correct HRE 3 piece wheels, 19" with freshly mounted tires, 255/19 front and 285/19 rear. Lightweight and a dramatic weight savings over the OEM wheels. Very lightweight for a three piece wheel. For example, the front wheel with a 19" tire that's 10 mm wider than the OEM 18" wheel weighs a total of ~10 pounds less than the OEM wheel/tire combination. That's a huge weight savings. Lighter weight significantly improves ride quality, handing and braking as well as acceleration. They say for every one pound of wheel weight reduced it is the equivalent to reducing 2-4 pounds of vehicle weight. New these wheels were $8,992.00 and that does not include the tires! I have the receipt for these wheels confirming their price. HRE Wheel model 879R. I'm selling to order a set of HRE's latest forged one piece wheel that they claim weighs ~18 pounds. $4,500 for wheels and new tires already mounted and balanced. Tires now have ~100 miles on them.

No curb rash and these wheels are in beautiful condition.

LOCAL PICK UP WELCOME !!!!!

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness 2112's Avatar
    I have the exact same wheels and love them. GLWS!
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8DinanS2 View Post
    True period correct HRE 3 piece wheels, 19" with freshly mounted tires, 255/19 front and 285/19 rear. Lightweight and a dramatic weight savings over the OEM wheels. Very lightweight for a three piece wheel. For example, the front wheel with a 19" tire that's 10 mm wider than the OEM 18" wheel weighs a total of ~10 pounds less than the OEM wheel/tire combination. That's a huge weight savings. Lighter weight significantly improves ride quality, handing and braking as well as acceleration. They say for every one pound of wheel weight reduced it is the equivalent to reducing 2-4 pounds of vehicle weight. New these wheels were $8,992.00 and that does not include the tires! I have the receipt for these wheels confirming their price. HRE Wheel model 879R. I'm selling to order a set of HRE's latest forged one piece wheel that they claim weighs ~18 pounds. $4,500 for wheels and new tires already mounted and balanced. Tires now have ~100 miles on them.

No curb rash and these wheels are in beautiful condition.

LOCAL PICK UP WELCOME !!!!!

Are these a direct bolt on when repl
    acing the stock wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by dj1 View Post
    Are these a direct bolt on when repl
    acing the stock wheels?
    Yes. Even use standard BMW Wheel bolts.

Z8 Novice
    What's the new one-piece wheel from HRE? Anyone have a link?

https://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/series-r1/r101-lightweight

Not the prettiest wheel, but very light

Z8 Novice
    https://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/ser...01-lightweightNot the prettiest wheel, but very light
    They look pretty cool to me. What color are you going to go with?

Quote Originally Posted by TheJQ View Post
    They look pretty cool to me. What color are you going to go with?
    I was thinking brushed silver.

I love them.

How expensive are they? Seems HRE's are going for about 50% more than they were about 5-6 years ago.
    2000 Red over black

Quote Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
    I love them.

How expensive are they? Seems HRE's are going for about 50% more than they were about 5-6 years ago.
    The initial quote I received was for ~$9,000, which is about what these wheels were when new, but these wheels are true three piece and the new ones are one piece. Tech has gotten better, looks have not, IMO.

I wonder if the incredible 5 into 10 spoke BBS lightweight F1 forged wheels are still available?

A forum member from Switzerland was on a mission to reduce weight and he ran the BBS F1's. They looked great.
    2000 Red over black

Quote Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
    I wonder if the incredible 5 into 10 spoke BBS lightweight F1 forged wheels are still available?

A forum member from Switzerland was on a mission to reduce weight and he ran the BBS F1's. They looked great.
    The HRE and BBS wheels are extremely similar....likely due to the efficiency of the design and both are similarly priced.

Oh, man... if only I had the money and the wall space! These are the closest thing to the no-longer-available Dinan wheels that I have seen!

Z8 Novice

reply to ad

True period correct HRE 3 piece wheels, 19" with freshly mounted tires, 255/19 front and 285/19 rear. Lightweight and a dramatic weight savings over the OEM wheels. Very lightweight for a three piece wheel. For example, the front wheel with a 19" tire that's 10 mm wider than the OEM 18" wheel weighs a total of ~10 pounds less than the OEM wheel/tire combination. That's a huge weight savings. Lighter weight significantly improves ride quality, handing and braking as well as acceleration. They say for every one pound of wheel weight reduced it is the equivalent to reducing 2-4 pounds of vehicle weight. New these wheels were $8,992.00 and that does not include the tires! I have the receipt for these wheels confirming their price. HRE Wheel model 879R. I'm selling to order a set of HRE's latest forged one piece wheel that they claim weighs ~18 pounds. $4,500 for wheels and new tires already mounted and balanced. Tires now have ~100 miles on them.No curb rash and these wheels are in beautiful condition. LOCAL PICK UP WELCOME !!!!!
    Please send me your email. [email protected]