Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Z8 badged ignition keys

  1. #1
    Z8 Novice
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    3

    Z8 badged ignition keys

    Hi just took delivery of a US black/créma black. It only came with one badged ignition key, can one order a duplicate if so pls provide merchant details and/or part number. Thanks in advance for help.

  2. #2
    I believe you must order any keys directly from a BMW dealer with plenty of documentation proving you are the rightful owner.
    Skip Hammerman

    2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

  3. #3
    Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    971
    And I have heard the rumor that the original Z8 badged key is not available anymore!!??
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

  4. #4
    Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness 2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    930
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-acht View Post
    And I have heard the rumor that the original Z8 badged key is not available anymore!!??
    we still have 30 years left on our parts availability promise.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

  5. #5
    Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    971
    Quote Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
    we still have 30 years left on our parts availability promise.
    True, but I think that it is also a matter of production costs: low demand and high costs.
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

  6. #6
    Z8 Novice
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by GB36 View Post
    Hi just took delivery of a US black/créma black. It only came with one badged ignition key, can one order a duplicate if so pls provide merchant details and/or part number. Thanks in advance for help.
    I ordered an additional key from my local dealer about a year ago. I needed to prove ownership and it took a couple of weeks to get in.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark0 View Post
    I ordered an additional key from my local dealer about a year ago. I needed to prove ownership and it took a couple of weeks to get in.
    Did it have the Z8 logo?
    Skip Hammerman

    2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

  8. #8
    Z8 Novice
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    20
    Yes, it has the logo and is identical to the original key. I also have the original key engraved with the number of my Z8 Alpina, 217.

Similar Threads

  1. Ignition Lock?
    By zed_eight_eh in forum Problems, Solutions and Long Term Maintenance
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: October 7th 2016, 21:33
  2. Hide the keys!!!
    By zilver8 in forum Z8 Chat Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: November 19th 2009, 12:42
  3. Recharging keys
    By Hudson Trader in forum Problems, Solutions and Long Term Maintenance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: June 8th 2009, 17:52
  4. Ignition Problems
    By rwwinsz8 in forum Problems, Solutions and Long Term Maintenance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: October 6th 2008, 03:52
  5. Ignition Locked
    By Z8Muse in forum Problems, Solutions and Long Term Maintenance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 1st 2007, 16:17