Thread: 2002 Z8 (#61372) Silver/Red with 9000 miles - Sold

2002 Z8 (#61372) Silver/Red with 9000 miles - Sold

This beautiful two owner car has become available.

I have not inspected the car myself, but am helping the seller find a new home for it. Prior to his purchase 61372 was fully inspected and prepared by EAG, who I consider one of the very best independent BMW houses in the land, so their attached letter carries weight and validity.

Here are the pics I have, feel free to shoot me a message if you're interested in it.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness 2112's Avatar
    Love Red interiors.

Beautiful car.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

A bit flash, don't you think? : )

I'd have it in a heartbeat, but then I'm a bit flashy myself! ;-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    I think I love this car's color combo. I've had a picture of a Silver/Red Z8 in a folder since about 2003 when I had to "settle" for my E46, which now has similar mileage to this car!Anyway, does anyone know anything more about it? How do I go about finding out more?

I am sure Macfly (Andrew Macpherson, the godfather of this website) would be happy to update you on the status of this car.

Yes, this car is available, and though I haven't seen it myself I would absolutely consider the EAG report as a 'safe seal of condition' for a buyer.
    Andrew Macpherson

This gorgeous car is now reduced to 187,500 as the owner needs to open up space for an incoming car in his stable. It's a stunning car and the summer driving season is coming!
    Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8DinanS2's Avatar
    I still wonder why people would want to sell these cars. The more cars I have, the more I come back to this is the best all around Sports car, perhaps ever(!) made. Having been left stranded last weekend by a contemporary Aston Martin (with a smaller trunk and build quality below the Z8s) continues to reinforce my belief. What car combines the character of an E-Type and an AC Cobra better with modern day practicality and reliability?

Agreed. Wonderful car, can't see myself ever selling it.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8DinanS2's Avatar
    Really, I mean, what else would someone buy if they sold it? I was putting new tires on mine today and just marveled at the aluminum frame work. Personally, I don't know if I would trust carbon fiber tubs in a 40 year old sports car. I think it will be interesting to see how today's carbon fiber tubs fare as the decades past. I suspect they will become more brittle with time.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness 2112's Avatar
    Yeah, I am still in love. 😍

But i I knew that would be the case from the very beginning.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

DSC Off
    Car is gone!Loved the car! That M5 motor is one of a kind! I was lucky to get an allocation for new Ford GT which just arrived! Due to space and finances had to let the Z8 go. miss it already!Great car, great forum, thanks Andrew for your continued support in everything Z8!

Pleasure, sorry we couldn't get it sold through the site, it seems Google has really sidelined us.
    Andrew Macpherson

DSC Off
    If any one is interested have a silver with red interior/8000 miles coming up for sale. Currently on display at Westlake Bmw in Ohio. Have another topaz Z8 and a black with Tan interior Alpina. Just purchase another rare BMW and just out of garage space.

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pendrod View Post
    If any one is interested have a silver with red interior/8000 miles coming up for sale. Currently on display at Westlake Bmw in Ohio. Have another topaz Z8 and a black with Tan interior Alpina. Just purchase another rare BMW and just out of garage space.
    Now I am curious. What other rare BMW could bump a Z8 out of the garage? May I suggest to start a new thread with what you've got for sale.
    Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

DSC Off
    The Z8 is only on display at Westlake BMW not for sale by them. If you are interested contact my through forum website. Thanks Pendrod . for Dirk question about what would replace a Z8 will have to wait till month.

Yes, absolutely, if its a different car start a new thread :-)
    Andrew Macpherson