Thread: Suggestions for 2nd Set of Wheels

DSC Off

Suggestions for 2nd Set of Wheels

Hello
    I have decided to get a 2nd set of wheels and tires for my 01, Silver/Black car. Looking for wheels that has the same offset and at the minimum same weight as OEM. Any suggestions? If anyone has a set of wheels in great condition without scratches or dings, they want to sell let me know.
    Thanks
    Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Greensand121 View Post
    HelloI have decided to get a 2nd set of wheels and tires for my 01, Silver/Black car. Looking for wheels that has the same offset and at the minimum same weight as OEM. Any suggestions? If anyone has a set of wheels in great condition without scratches or dings, they want to sell let me know. ThanksSandy
    My suggestion would be a set of BMW style 166 rims off the E60 M5. They look perfect on the Z8. I believe they are staggered width like our oem rims, but 19" diameter vs. 18" on the stock rims.

DSC Off
    Thank you. I will look into style 166 rims. Do you know if 19 inch diameter (versus 18 orig) have any impact on the car? Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Greensand121 View Post
    Thank you. I will look into style 166 rims. Do you know if 19 inch diameter (versus 18 orig) have any impact on the car? Sandy
    The oem wheels on the Z8 Alpina were 20", so fitment should not be an issue. Just be aware that your tire sidewall height should be reduced to ensure your speeedometer remains accurate, ie, the diameter of the wheel/tire combination should remain the same as the stock setup.

DSC Off
    Got it! thank you. Sandy

Z8 Novice
    I just sent you a pm but cannot tell if it went through. I have a set of Z8 original wheels that are chrome that I would sell if you are interested.

Mr Goodwrench: Chrome, you say?! Hmm. At this point I have more wheels than any one person should be allowed (twenty wheels, not counting those on the cars), but... CHROME, you say?! I may indeed be interested—please e-mail me (satch AT satch DOT us).

Z8 Novice
    The set of chrome wheels that I had have been sold.