Thread: How about a Florida Drive

Sport Button On - DSC Off

How about a Florida Drive

It looks like the West Coast has all the fun in getting groups of Z8's together for a road trip. How about one in South Florida? Do we have enough owners in this area to do our own drive?

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

Quote Originally Posted by jmosk View Post
    It looks like the West Coast has all the fun in getting groups of Z8's together for a road trip. How about one in South Florida? Do we have enough owners in this area to do our own drive?
    Sounds like a great idea, I am in Naples much of the winter, but my Z8 is hibernating in New Jersey. The best I could do would be to participate in my E39 M5, which perhaps qualifies because of the shared S62 motor!

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    Sounds like a great idea, I am in Naples much of the winter, but my Z8 is hibernating in New Jersey. The best I could do would be to participate in my E39 M5, which perhaps qualifies because of the shared S62 motor!
    When I used to be a snowbird, I did not like the idea of not enjoying the Z8 in the warm weather all year round. So I used to have Exotic Car Transport move it from NY to FL and back every 6 months. Would miss it too much knowing you never need to put the hard top on like I used to in the NY winters.

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    Eisenmann Mufflers

Sport Button On
    Southwest Florida BMW chapter had a great meetup at Sebring Historical races in November. Took a Z3M Coupe to that one. We had around 50 BMW at it. If interested will get information on that meetup. Keep a Z8 in Naples for drop top driving. My Cleveland Z8's go into storage shortly.

- - - Updated - - -

Nov. 30-Dec. 2 3rd Annual Sebring Classic ďPistons and PropsĒ featuring vintage racecars and aviation. Promoted by HSRrace.com.

Count me in. Iím in the Orlando area, but willing to travel. [email protected]

[QUOTE=jmosk;54752]It looks like the West Coast has all the fun in getting groups of Z8's together for a road trip. How about one in South Florida? Do we have enough owners in this area to do our own drive?[/

Works for me.
    I am in Palm Beach.

Ferris

Z8 Novice

Sarasota

I'm in Sarasota pretty much full time, would be great to get together.

Sport Button On
    Will let anyone who is interested know what the procedure will be. The time and place at Sebring is set by the Florida Southwest chapter BMW.

Z8 Novice
    Jay,
    Great idea! Iím in if itís after mid-November. Iím in the West Palm Beach area.
    Tom

Also once you have the start of a plan post it here in the Events section, and I'll make it sticky.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On
    Still waiting to here about details from Florida Southwest BMW club.....Very fun event . Featured Z3 M coupes at last year at the event. Be nice to have a couple of Z8's there this year! Again thanks for your help Andrew on the Topaz Z8 from Seattle ....what a clean car!

So happy you got it, it really is one of the very best kept cars I've inspected.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    The west coast has the roads. We don't in South Florida. Having said that, we had great fun on the post-Amelia Florida Tour in 2015. There is some neat territory in Central Florida, even a mountain, Sugerloaf Mountain, 312 ft when measured from sea level. I could image spending a day or two driving, wining and dining in Central Florida again in the winter.

Dirk

Alpina #142
    www.bmwccca.com

Sport Button On

Z8 Novice

Sebring

Can't wait, I will be coming from Sarasota, and will miss the group drive from Ft. Myers area. I have registered at: https://fscbmwcca.com/event/fsc-sebring-historics-2018/.

Several questions: There is a particular area we will be parking at Sebring, correct? Where is that located? To view the aircraft and races do I need to buy tickets online from Sebring website?

So its sounds like there are at least 3 of us located in the West Palm Beach area. If we want to join the Southwest Florida crew going from Ft. Meyers to Sebring, we can make our own caravan of at least the 3 of us (to start) and join them up in Sebring. (2:15 drive).

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    Eisenmann Mufflers

Quote Originally Posted by jmosk View Post
    So its sounds like there are at least 3 of us located in the West Palm Beach area. If we want to join the Southwest Florida crew going from Ft. Meyers to Sebring, we can make our own caravan of at least the 3 of us (to start) and join them up in Sebring. (2:15 drive).
    Sounds like fun, but regrettably I will be up north for the Holidays. Enjoy!

I so enjoyed the Alpine tour of the mountains on Dirk's florida tour!

Quote Originally Posted by DirkZ8 View Post
    The west coast has the roads. We don't in South Florida. Having said that, we had great fun on the post-Amelia Florida Tour in 2015. There is some neat territory in Central Florida, even a mountain, Sugerloaf Mountain, 312 ft when measured from sea level. I could image spending a day or two driving, wining and dining in Central Florida again in the winter.

Wow, we have a mountain in Florida? Who knew? And here I thought the highest peaks we have are the garbage dumps built up high then covered in grass. Yes the left coast has all the fun roads.

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    Eisenmann Mufflers

Sport Button On
    https://fscbmwcca.com/2018-q3-die-so...d8-116509165#6 MORE ON THE HISTORIC RACES AT SEBRING