Thread: Silver over black in the Netherlands

Silver over black in the Netherlands

I have noticed that in Europe the high mileage is not as much of a price killer as here. The delta between low and high mileage cars is much less than here. Converting to US (rounding) the asking price is $245,000 for a 75,000 mile car. No wonder so many of the US cars that are being sold are taking the trip back to Europe.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

DSC Off
    Skip - on paper that car is way overpriced in the European market. Cars with much lower mileages are available for similar or lower money. However, it might have had a fortune spent on it to make it top class - hence why the dealer is asking for 245k USD.

Don't forget also that any US car coming to Europe typically gets in the region of 20-25% import duty / Value Added Tax applied to it.

Peter - you are correct, the asking price on this particular car is high, my comment was intended more as a general one regarding my impression when looking at cars on the European used car sites that the mileage does not seem to have as much impact lowering the asking price there as it does here. And yes, the VAT is an additional hit. Is there at any point due to the age of the car that the VAT does not apply, or is for all cars regardless of age? I thought that I had heard at some point that once the car is X years old, the VAT no longer applies. This may not be correct, can you confirm?
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

DSC Off
    Hi Skip - I believe that VAT is not applied once a car is 30 years old.

If this is true things will get interesting in the Z8 market in 12 years time !!