Thread: Removal of Ash Deposits

Removal of Ash Deposits

While in Monterey last week, I had the convertible top down while showing my car. There was ash in the air from a nearby fire that I could see on the exterior surface at that time. Now that the car is home, I plan to vacuum the interior followed by a wet sponge cleaning of the interior surfaces followed by a thorough exterior wash. Any comments on this approach?
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Seems like it should work. I don't think this ash (yes, I have some, too!) is as acidic as that which fell all over us in Alaska a couple of decades ago; that stuff had something in it that ate the paint! The ash in Monterey was very, very fine, in keeping with the tone of the joint.

Quote Originally Posted by Satch View Post
    Seems like it should work. I don't think this ash (yes, I have some, too!) is as acidic as that which fell all over us in Alaska a couple of decades ago; that stuff had something in it that ate the paint! The ash in Monterey was very, very fine, in keeping with the tone of the joint.
    I completed the cleanup process with a little help as described and all is well again. Here we are a week later and the Soberanes Fire affecting Big Sur is just now starting to be controlled by fire fighters.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red