1. VW Beetle
    General Information
    VW Beetle
    VW
    Biege

Comments: 10 / Views: 2096
    What a fun collection!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

My Mum bought this Beetle new in 1972
    2001 Z8 Silver/Red

That's history, how awesome you guys still have it!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I bought it for my Mum when I was sponsored by VW and competed in a similar car with a Porsche 911 motor
    2001 Z8 Silver/Red

Here is mine - had a white one before that as well. Can't remember for sure what model year it is, but if I recall right it had the 1500cc engine. If some one can identify the year, let me know. This was taken in Finland in the summer of 1978 or 1979.

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Your Beetle was either a 1969 or 1970. Virtually identical to my first one. This was a 1969 1500. That swing back axle taught me a lot about car control.
    2001 Z8 Silver/Red

My first car was a faded red '64 Beetle which I totaled. Second car was a '68 Beetle, which I drove through college, grad school and two cross-country trips with all my earthly possessions. Great, reliable car, although after the heater boxes rusted out it was a chilly ride in the winter. Would use a credit card to scrape the ice from my breath off the inside of the windshield.

Very nice collection of cars, Russ. You are one of the few people who had the wisdom to hold onto the meaningful cars from their earlier days!

Bill

Don't we all wish we had held on to 'em? Let's see, there was the 3.0CS coupe that I sold for $7,500...

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    My first car was a faded red '64 Beetle which I totaled. Second car was a '68 Beetle, which I drove through college, grad school and two cross-country trips with all my earthly possessions. Great, reliable car, although after the heater boxes rusted out it was a chilly ride in the winter. Would use a credit card to scrape the ice from my breath off the inside of the windshield.

Very nice collection of cars, Russ. You are one of the few people who had the wisdom to hold onto the meaningful cars from their earlier days!

Bill
    I didn't keep them all, I sold an Aston Martin DB5 for $500. Doh!
    2001 Z8 Silver/Red

Here's how far things have fallen: Two years ago, I sold my last Saab, a 1969 Sonett II V4, and now I have sold my Dinan-turbocharged 325iX—
    So I have no more rally cars.

Fortunately, I installed a magnetic probe in my Z4 to send pulses to a TimeWise rally computer (the guy who bought my Sonett asked, "Does the TimeWise come with the car?" I replied with a derisive snort). So I think I can sneak one into a Z8 pretty easily.

But the rallies in those cars would have to be tarmac events!