Thread: Insurance

LLZ8

Insurance

Any advice as to insurance company(ies) for agreed upon value for Z8?

Larry

Larry
    2001/Silver/Red-Black

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    Larry - depends on year, condition, improvements. Make sure to get insurance for 'agreed value' You will be sorely disappointed otherwise. I used Hagerty when I was living in the US. You think it'll never happen to you but - the other day I came within a second of getting annihilated by someone running a red... dave p (Vancouver, BC)

One thing to watch out for. I insure both my homes, all my cars, and my motorcycle through State Farm, who has always done a good job for me. Several years ago I insured a C2 Corvette through one of the specialty car insurers, and I received a letter from State Farm advising me that they would be raising my rates on my other vehicles due to the use of the other insurer. Although I am not sure of their logic, I ended up switch the Corvette back to State Farm.

Bill

Sport Button On
    Hagerty would not accept my car because I would not guarantee them that I would only drive it to car shows or on the weekends. I told them that I was going to drive 2-3 thousand miles per year which they were fine with but it was where and when I would be driving it that they wouldn't insure.

I'm on State Farm, and have been very happy with them so far.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Not sure if there is a main insurance thread, so using this. I have been remiss in not logging in and checking (thank you so much Andrew for keeping it going), that I thought I would add something that may be of value. I started with Grundy, them moved to Hagerty, which I eventually could get through Farmer's. It was agreed value, but still just for club events, parades, exercise, etc... I wanted to start driving the Z8 more like a regular car sometimes, and when Hagerty's quote for 2020 was over $2500 for $130k value, I re-evaluated. A friend who also has a collector car recommended Safeco (Liberty Mutual in other parts of the country). They have a plan that does not have use restrictions (meaning I could drive it to work - I park it on the top floor of my garage where very few cars are parked), and a 5000 mile per year restriction (which is more than I think I will ever need). Cost for 2020 was $1283 for an agreed value of $130k. My home and other cars are also now covered by Safeco, at prices comprable to what I had with Farmer's.
    Charles Guerin
    AH61406 - Titanium Silver/ /Black

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    I highly recommend Chubb as they have a great collector car network and amazing claims process, should one ever be required. They are likely similar to Hagerty, but better IMO should something arise.

Z8 Novice
    I have had mine insured through Safeco since 2016 for agreed value of $150k with no restrictions on usage save for 5,000 miles a year (never gonna happen). This year the premium was around $1,250.00