Thread: K40 fully concealed unit.

K40 fully concealed unit.

I just discovered that my 01 Z8 has a hidden K40 2000 system installed, but it has been put in poorly, and the result is annoying rattles and a squeaking dash area. The unit is so completely concealed that I have only just discovered it after having the car for three weeks, and that says a lot for it's invisibility. Their webite is not that user friendly, but at least you can read a bit about them there.

Properly installed with caring hands it could be perfect stealth unit, so I'll do some comparison tests against my V1 unit on my next drive up to Button Willow on the 22nd, since the 5 north is always hot with CHP's tagging everything that moves.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Just back from Buttonwillow.....

but almost unblievably not a single CHP was picked up by either detector in either direction, 250 miles of freeway without a sngle cop!! I guess that all took today off for Christmas shoppoing!!

What I can say is that the K40 gets set off by loads of random nothings, and that is on it's highly filtered 'In Town' mode. It also makes a really annoying set of silly noises. Even without having some real bogies to test them on together I'm sure that I'd prefer the V1 because the amount of 'Cry Wolfs' from the K40 makes me think you'd never know when there really was a danger, and that in itself is a danger, as you end up just ignoring it all the time.

More notes from the road on these two systems will follow as they happen.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.