Thread: OEM wheel availability

OEM wheel availability

I'm now the proud owner of the only brand new front OEM wheel in the US (or I will be once it arrives from the east coast).

Anyone have any idea how easy it is for BMW to supply more if necessary? Or are we all going to be running aftermarket wheels in 25 years?

I kind of like the OEM look.

How much? Just curious.

$470 delivered to my tire place.

Should be here by next week, and they'll ship back your stolen wheels right away.

Wow, that's a deal!
    PS: I've already called the police about the stollen wheels!

That is for only 1 wheel - (tire not included)

Still a deal! Fancy aftermarket wheels are 2,500 ea! You can't fix the clips on the top cover for $400! By the pound it's an even better deal! Good to know something isn't an arm and a leg.

It turns out that the wheel doesn't come with the center cover with the BMW logo on it. BMW full price for this item is $29 - they gave it to me for $20. Next time I break a wheel, I'll see if the center cap can be popped out before throwing the wheel away.

Ha! Yes, they pop out easily.

Quote Originally Posted by tomfakes View Post
    Next time I break a wheel, I'll see if the center cap can be popped out before throwing the wheel away.
    Tom, my advise is don't break anymore wheels.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery-- Others --1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver2008 Porsche Turbo Cab - 9K mi. (Mezger motor/6-sp. manual)

Quote Originally Posted by tomfakes View Post
    Anyone have any idea how easy it is for BMW to supply more if necessary? Or are we all going to be running aftermarket wheels in 25 years?
    no worries you've got BMW OE available until the year 2053

wheels are just not that common an item to stock outside of BMW AG

especially when brick-n-mortar dealer prices are so inflated, people just go with equally priced BBS

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnAnthony View Post
    no worries you've got BMW OE available until the year 2053

wheels are just not that common an item to stock outside of BMW AG

especially when brick-n-mortar dealer prices are so inflated, people just go with equally priced BBS
    Not sure which BBS' you are thinking of at that price, but as you've said, OEM wheels available for quite a long time to come. Just bought a full set from the Scottsdale dealer. Less than $1,500, all in including center caps.

Z8Mania
    I suspect he means that in a general sense for good quality aftermarket wheels.

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Was more curious about the aesthetic/cost trade off in terms of what poster thought looked good on the Z. I haven't yet found any combo that says "I gotta have it" to me yet. So far, for me, the OEM wheel looks the best, but I'd love it an inch larger in diameter.

Z8Mania
    I think the E60 M5 wheels Rifle has look great- but I think its on a dark color car like his black. I also think the Alpina wheels look great and echo the 4 spokes of the steering wheel. However it is the opinion of the group that 20s are too big unless you have the alpina softer suspension in the car and also the performance package so your 19" size is looking like the right one.

Quote Originally Posted by labcars View Post
    Not sure which BBS' you are thinking of at that price, but as you've said, OEM wheels available for quite a long time to come. Just bought a full set from the Scottsdale dealer. Less than $1,500, all in including center caps.
    i guess its more common for the other models to find expensive OE, but if you look up on tire rack you'll find more than a few styles for $600-$700 per wheel

yea i was thinking of no hassel wheels were you don't have to figure out bores and offset yourself like with A'pex & Formula 43, their styles aren't the best, but the weight savings are worth it

Z8 Novice
    I think the E60 M5 wheels Rifle has look great- but I think its on a dark color car like his black. I also think the Alpina wheels look great and echo the 4 spokes of the steering wheel. However it is the opinion of the group that 20s are too big unless you have the alpina softer suspension in the car and also the performance package so your 19" size is looking like the right one.
    Thanks for the tip, but those just don't do it for me. I'm more of a 5 spoke or basket weave kinda guy. I know, I knoiw, pretty conventional, but hey, that's why they make so many styles, right!

Z8Mania
    I hear you. Variety is the spice of life- its all good!

Z8 Novice
    I hear you. Variety is the spice of life- its all good!
    Great or small minds thinking alike!!! My Z is also Black/black-red

Z8Mania
    NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!