Thread: Z8 Club run to the Villa D'Este Concours, May 2006

Talking Z8 Club run to the Villa D'Este Concours, May 2006

As many of you know BMW is the principal sponsor of this historic event which is held in the grounds of one of the most beautiful hotels in the world, on the shore of Lake Como.

It is a totally private, by invitation only event, so I was delighted to have the chance to spend a day in the grounds of this gorgeous lakeside palace looking at wonderful cars of all ages. With these shots I didn't set out to do car pictures, as you'll see plenty of those in the mags over the next weeks, but wanted to give you a sense of what it was like walking around the beautiful grounds on a stunningly perfect spring day.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Robert Linton's Avatar
    For lunch on Sunday the Z8 armada should go to Da Vittorio in Bergamo.

Sunday, and the Z8's are out in force at the Villa Erba....

As well as many other lovely cars, here are some snaps of the early preparations for Sunday's 'public day' at the equally lovely Villa Erba just a stone's throw from yesterdays event at Villa D'Este.

(Sadly that means we'll miss lunch at Da Vittorio in Bergamo, but thanks for the tip!)

Andrew Macpherson

Thumbs up and now for something that really caught my eye.....

The Bizzarrini Ghepardo.

4.1 V8 that revs to 10,000 rpm, makes 550 HP, sounds like an F1 car, and only weighs 2,200 lbs. Thats right, it is just a fraction heavier than an Elise!

Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Nice pictures Andrew! Thanks for sharing!

DSC Off
    not just nice but great, what a view....cars and all...... sign me up. Do I have to tell BMW that i'm sorry and never say a bad word about them to go? Thanks for sharing.

You simply had to be a member of the Z8 Club to go!

Don't expect another chance though, that was a once in a lifetime special invitation to celebrate the forming of the Z8 Club. BMW actually announced that they would invite us last June shortly after the inauguration ceremoniy of the Z8 Club in Munich.

However the Z8 Club are hard at work planning other events in Europe. The next one is at the Nurbergring in Sept, and I hope we'll have details on that here soon. Of course we US members will have to rent our own cars if we go, but I've always wanted to drive the 'ring, so even if I'm in rented a Fiat Panda I'm going to try to make it there for that one!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Roundel Article

I see that the article made it into the July edition. Great write-up, Andrew. That brought back a bunch of memories.

Hopefully they'll print the one on MITM too.
    thegunguy

and finally here is a PDF

of the article for those who didn't get the issue.
    Andrew Macpherson

thanks

Andrew - a very enjoyable read. Thanks.

Smile Great article . .

Andrew
    Thanks for sharing,
    Evie

A great tale, well told

It only makes me wish I had been there, and congures up fond visions of Colorado.

Thanks

Robb Report - VdE

The September issue of the Robb Report caught my eye as I was walking thought a book store today. On the cover is beautiful 507. After opening the magazine I was pleased to find the article was on the vintage roadsters that BMW brought to Villa d'Este. It was nice to have one more look at these lovely vehicles.
    thegunguy

Could you post it for us?

or if you can't do a pdf can you scan it as a tiff and I'll make it into a pdf here.
    Andrew Macpherson

Sorry...

...I don't have the ability to scan.
    thegunguy