Thread: German Tuner Senner and the Z8

German Tuner Senner and the Z8

I received this article from my Google alert for the Z8 today. I am not familiar with this German tuner, Senner, but the results sounds great. Enjoy...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2012/01...-juice-to.html
    Last edited by EDEZ8; February 1st 2012 at 00:59. Reason: typo/not wearing my glasses
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

Z8Mania
    Interesting.

Here it is on their own website - http://www.senner-tuning.de/blog/bmw...t-sc1/?lang=en

Love to here some feed back from owners over in Germany.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

First thing... why would a tuner use a 10 year old car? Most tuners do the latest model, then move on soon after. I like the wheels, and the low and mean stance, but the ride is surely awful. What interests me most is the "strut brace", but no photo. I would be interested in that for sure.

Sport Button On
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Here it is on their own website - http://www.senner-tuning.de/blog/bmw...t-sc1/?lang=en

Love to here some feed back from owners over in Germany.
    Sorry, can't help because I never heard of Senner-Tuning.

Proposed Business Model

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    First thing... why would a tuner use a 10 year old car? Most tuners do the latest model, then move on soon after.
    With the recent influx of (1,000+?) US Z8s into the EU, I wonder if that drove a revival of sorts in the tuner market for the car. Otherwise, as you said it's hard to imagine why Senner didn't put their time and energy in another more recent vehicle.
    My Best,

Ed

Strut brace

Can one of our German speaking members check into their "Strut brace" please? Photos, cost, compatibility with the PP etc. Thanks

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness 2112's Avatar
    I like it.
    2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

I like it too, but then again....

I haven't seen any Z8 I didn't like!!

I believe that car is one of the US Spec cars as it has the side reflectors behind the rear tire... I do not think that is a feature on the Euro Spec cars?
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Follow up on the strut brace and US Partners

Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    Can one of our German speaking members check into their "Strut brace" please? Photos, cost, compatibility with the PP etc. Thanks
    I contacted Senner, and I learned that its "strut brace" is the BMW Performance Package. Senner has no US partners for the Z8 modifications shown on its website, but all parts are available for sale.
    My Best,

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Z8doc View Post
    I believe that car is one of the US Spec cars as it has the side reflectors behind the rear tire... I do not think that is a feature on the Euro Spec cars?
    Correct, non-NA cars do not have the reflector/rear marker lights. I've actually been thinking of having this filled an painted. I'd likely do it by using a new bumper cover. You could do it with an EU bumper without the need to fill, but the molding around the plate is wrong for the NA plate.
    thegunguy

Quote Originally Posted by EDEZ8 View Post
    I contacted Senner, and I learned that its "strut brace" is the BMW Performance Package. Senner has no US partners for the Z8 modifications shown on its website, but all parts are available for sale.
    I wondered if this was the case (BMW PP).. thanks for checking it out