Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Thread: "The Book" Picture exchanges

Z8 Novice
    Hi,
    I have a book that says on the VIN sticker that the car is silver, and the leather cover is red. The polaroid picture is a black car with red interior. Is it possible that the polaroid picture didn't matched the car ? If no, I would like to trade for a silver/red.
    Eddy

Yes, it's absolutely possible, and for sure someone here should be able to arrange a trade.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Hi Eddy,

You can also use the picture shown in posting #36. It is the picture of a EU car which fits yours perfectly. I see you are from Belgium ....what part if I may ask?
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Z-acht View Post
    Hi Eddy,

You can also use the picture shown in posting #36. It is the picture of a EU car which fits yours perfectly. I see you are from Belgium ....what part if I may ask?
    Hi Ton
    I could. I have the second photo of post 36.
    I live in the Flemish part, between Brussels and Ghent, but now on holiday in NYC and next week LA.
    Eddy

I have contact with a Z8 owner south of Antwerp ....maybe nice to have a joined drive
    Ton

rgibson
    I have a new VIN plate on order, the dealership just needed to verify my ownership and then they ordered it no issues. Once I get it I will need to apply it to my book. How have others accomplished this... is it possible to remove the old VIN sticker, or is it best to just apply the new one on top of the old sticker?

Bill, I no longer need the Red/Red picture that came with the book. PM me your address and I'll mail it to you.

Rory.

The old sticker can easily be removed.
    Ton

Z8 Novice

BOOK

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dolan View Post
    Hi John,
    I have a Stratus/Crema Z8 and recently received a Black/Black book from Bill Stuart at BMW NA. I doubt I can find a Stratus/Crema book (since there were only 46 in this combo). I'd be closer to "correct" with the Crema leather wrapper (I assume when you say "tan" it's "Crema" -- "light tan"). Would you consider trading?
    IF YOU HAVE A BLACK BLACK BOOK PLEASE CONTACT ME 786 2365053

You can widen your search by looking for a book for any exterior-color car with a black interior. You will then get the black leather wrapper. The photo of the car can be swapped out (I believe there is a thread somewhere on the forum which could help you get a photo of a black/black car). Contrary to legend, the photo that came with the book was not of your actual car, but rather a car with the same color scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    You can widen your search by looking for a book for any exterior-color car with a black interior. You will then get the black leather wrapper. The photo of the car can be swapped out (I believe there is a thread somewhere on the forum which could help you get a photo of a black/black car). Contrary to legend, the photo that came with the book was not of your actual car, but rather a car with the same color scheme.
    I am looking for a book for a 2000 silver/red car. What's the best way, looking forward to your recommendations. I am based in NYC.
    Many thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I am looking for a book for a 2000 silver/red car. What's the best way, looking forward to your recommendations. I am based in NYC.
    Many thanks.

I'd say EBay is the best bet, but here too they sometimes come up.
    Andrew Macpherson

If anyone is looking for a "Book", there is currently one on EBAY for a Black/Red car at a somewhat reasonable price ($825.00). No affiliation. http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Z8-Owner...DZP:rk:10:pf:0

Darn, that's a great price, and I had a buyer looking for one too!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    Hello friends! I have 'the book' topaz/crema, Mr. Fisker's favourite If any of you would be interested, kindly let me know!

Sport Button On
    I am interested. How do I get ahold of you?

Z8 Novice
    I need a picture of a silver red also

Ton

Z8 Novice
    Exactly like that. How do I purchase it?

I can either get a print made of it, or I can send you the file and you can get one made locally. If you have a good Kinko type place near you that's the least expensive way to do it.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    I would buy on so I can have the correct size.

OK, I'll set it all up with A&I Photo here in LA, they'll print it and ship it to you. The originals were machine photo prints, so we will get as close as we can to that stock, but it will be a super high quality digital print. Send me an email to [email protected] and I'll get it going.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    My book has a picture of a black exterior over crema/black interior and has the crema leather wrap around the book. Anyone want to trade? I am looking for a common silver over black interior picture and black leather wrap to go around book? Also, can we still order the vin sticker for the book? Thanks!
    2002 Z8, Titanium Silver, Dinan ECU/Suspension, Brembo BBK, Quaife 3.64 LSD, Short Shift, HRE 541R, Eisenmann Exhaust
    2014 R8 V10 Plus - 6MT, Sepang Blue, Exclusive Alabaster White Interior, Capristo X-Pipe, Pedalbox, Reid Intake
    2008 RS4 - Phantom Black, Titanium Package, Exclusive Red/Black Interior, KW V3, H-Pipe
    2018 991.2 GT3 - 6MT, Graphite Blue Metallic, Lightweight Buckets, Ceramics, GRP Bypass Exhaust

I believe that you absolutely can order the VIN plate, you just have to take your car & pink slip to the dealer if they don't know you and the car, and they can order it for you.
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    I ordered both vin plates for my car. Will let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by SS504 View Post
    I ordered both vin plates for my car. Will let you know how it goes.
    Very interested to see how you make out. I recall someone attempting this a few years back, regrettably without success. My "Book" VIN does not match my car, would love to overlay the existing one with the correct sticker.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by boomster View Post
    Very would love to overlay the existing one with the correct sticker.
    Simply remove the old one and put the new one in the square. In Europe it is no problem at all. It is an original BMW Part.
    Ton

Mine does not match either (got mine from Bill Stuart). Interested to see how this turns out. Also, what might be the best process to have the new vin "installed" in the book. Overlay or is there a way to replace making it look good.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

There is a slight indentation with the size of the VIN.
    Ton

Z8 Novice

Bill Stuart

Hi All - I have seen a number of threads related to the Z8 Book and many of you have referenced a fellow named Bill Stuart at BMW NA. Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with Bill? I have a 2002 Stratus Gray Z8. Many thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by StratusZ8 View Post
    Hi All - I have seen a number of threads related to the Z8 Book and many of you have referenced a fellow named Bill Stuart at BMW NA. Can anyone tell me how to get in touch with Bill? I have a 2002 Stratus Gray Z8. Many thanks in advance.
    Bill was a long time employee of BMW NA who served as our SPOC for resolving owner concerns. Unfortunately Bill passed several years ago and I donít believe his position was replaced. My understanding is that there are no more spare books available either at this time.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

That is correct, the books all got sent out during Bill's time, and now it's down to EBay or luck finding one.
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by StratusZ8 View Post
    I am sure you saw this post, but in case you did not, here is one: https://www.bmwz8.us/forum/showthrea...7054#post57054
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2