Thread: Useful tip on getting the best sound from the stock stereo.

Useful tip on getting the best sound from the stock stereo.

Z8Mania's tips to get proper sound out of the stereo;

The Z8's stereo has independent memories for CD player and the radio (AM & FM share one memory), so when you tune in CD mode your settings will only be saved & available while playing CD's, and ditto in the radio mode, the changes will only be saved & available while playing AM & FM.

Bring the bass and treble to their neutral positions. Get music you like to listen to and make sure it has a solid base line. Play your music at a volume that is on the verge of uncomfortably loud (this is for a roadster, a sedan or home).
    Next bring the bass control all the way down to its lowest setting, then slowly bring it up until the bass sounds full and not overdone. Once you have bass set you move on to treble. You never do treble first - it makes it harder to get the bass right. Make sure the treble was at its neutral setting when setting bass. For treble, just increase it from neutral until it sounds right.

My settings are
    CD:
    Bass: one notch from lowest
    Treble: one notch from highest
    Fader: one notch forward
    Balance: one notch to the passenger side

AM/FM
    Bass: lowest
    Treble: highest
    Fader & balance- same as above.

Take care- happy motoring!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Tooooo much bass

Andrew
    If I have one complaint with my Z8, it is too much bass in the sound system. My 02 Porsche was actually worse than the Z8. Both of our Lexus have wonderful sound systems, but the Germans seem to insist on a thumpy bass.

Does anyone know of a non-intrusive ?bass blocker?? I don?t want to really modify the sound system, but if I knew how to get to the output of the tuner or CD player I would add a high pass filter with bass roll off.
    Thanks- Hap

Did you try the settings above?

They do help remove some of the boom, but we all lament the sadness of the stock sound system. I rarely even turn it on, as I prefer the wind in my ears!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.