Thread: HP2 Sport

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness

HP2 Sport

After too many injuries running, I got myself a bicycle a few months back for a change. That was a good decision, as I really enjoy riding. Coincidentally, this was the genesis of a crazy idea. Why not get a motorcycle

The idea was to get a 250cc motorcycle to learn and practice on. A number of emails later (thanks Andrew ) and the HP2S came into the picture.

On 5/31, I called and placed a deposit on a brand new HP2S. Today, I drove down to Escondido to finish the deal. I took a number of pictures, starting with me fueling prior to departure. My drive was planned such that I could keep myself entertained listening to Car Talk. Along the way, I spotted a couple of exotics (probably folks returning from Cars & Coffee). Then, came the nuclear plant -- can't help wondering if it can survive a serious earthquake. Once at the dealership (BMW Motorcycles of Escondido), I got to browse around and take some pics of the other HP2S (already sold and awaiting its lucky owner). My HP2S was in the back storage area, brand new in the box. I did manage to grab a panel of the cardboard shipping box to keep. The bike will be delivered at my door Tuesday evening. In the mean time, I got a ton of stuff to keep me entertained

For now, this thing will sit next to the Z8 until I'm brave enough to touch it. In the meantime, I'll be looking for a used F650 GS for weekend expeditions.

Name:  IMG_6718.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  140.8 KB
    Name:  IMG_6721.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  80.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_6724.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  78.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6729.JPG
Views: 129
Size:  132.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_6734.JPG
Views: 130
Size:  75.3 KB
    Name:  IMG_6735.JPG
Views: 136
Size:  68.6 KB
    Name:  IMG_6736.JPG
Views: 132
Size:  99.1 KB
    2003 Z8 Black/Red

Bravo, the HP2S is the perfect complinent to the Z8. They are both the pinnacles in a long history of BMW gasoline engined tradition and pride. 70194, just 11 before the last one, very nice!

There wil never be a car as pure and simple as the Z8 or a hand built air cooled race replica like the HP2S, and with just 225 US Spec ones HP2S's is one of the rarest BMW's there is.

(PS: the bike on that page you have the brochure open to is the EU Spec Le Mans 24 Endurance Race winning colors that I duplicated on mine :-)
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I love the graphics you just obtained. The guy at the dealership mentioned that a shop nearby makes the plastic panels as well as the graphics. I asked him to give me the name/info, but both of us forgot to follow up on this.

For now, I got a stand (just like the one in the picture), battery charger, and the tank mounted bag.
    2003 Z8 Black/Red

All the info on the race bodywork and painting is over on www.hp2.info
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Wow- thats a great looking bike. Congratulations. Have fun and be safe.

Thanks Jerry! It is a very substantial bike in person. Pictures don't do it justice.
    2003 Z8 Black/Red