Thread: Radio hidden menu

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Smile Radio hidden menu

i would like to switch my Z8 radio from the US frequencies to the European frequencies. I know there is a hidden method for going into a menu to change options on the radio. I used it many years ago after my original Z8 radio was replaced and the new radio was on the European frequency band. I seem to recall it was some combination of perhaps holding one of the buttons on the radio while starting up the car that reveals the hidden menu.

Does anyone know the proper sequence to change the radio options.

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

While the Z8 is the only recipient of our radio, the config/diagnostic mode is common among BMW radios. If no one here has the key combination, you might try looking in on some of the other boards for models in the similar year range, pre-iDrive. From my previous models, it seems like it was a similar pattern of key presses, but I don't recall the order.
    thegunguy

found this link maybe this will work - http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...tion-menu.html

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Service Menu does not include Radio Options

I was able to get into the Service Menu on the Z8 but there are no options having to do with changing radio frequencies. There must be another menu that is still hidden. A replacement radio BMW installed in the car was defaulted to Europe when installed. The technician played for quite a while and found the key combination which got him into the menu to change frequencies. But he has long gone from BMW. He said it was not written in the Z8 service manuals.

Jay in Southeast Florida
    Z8 #436
    License Plate: MYBMW Z8
    Eisenmann Mufflers
    Dinan Performance Software

Radio Hidden Menu

I googled Hardon Kardon MIR C53. I can't remember the exact instructions but they go something like this: press and hold SEL within 8 seconds of turning key to on. Then navigate through menu items using arrow channel changers ( < > ) and radio button on lower right to find the screen with USA.

Jeff

Z8 Novice
    If that didnt work ck this out...

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/arc.../t-219289.html

Sclja

Z8Mania
    Good link- thanks!