Thread: The legendary R90S

The legendary R90S

I did it again, yet another BMW is added to the home team collection!

This one is a project for sure, and hopefully not a can or worms, but either way I'm excited to undertake this a voyage into my childhood. This was the dream bike of my school days, and now I finally have one, so another box on the list get ticked, now I just have to make it look the way I want it to!

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Love the white! Congrats!
    thegunguy

LLZ8
    How many BMWs do you have?

Larry

Larry
    2001/Silver/Red-Black

Right at this moment I have just 3 BMW's, though the family is constantly inhaling and exhailing! If I won the lotto I'd have 50 or more, 20 of which would be Z8's in every color!

Heres a first look now she's home, work to do for sure, but the foundation is very solid.

Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Wow- Congratulations Andrew. Have fun and be safe.

Who'd have though the simple ZipLock sandwich bag could be such a restorers dream!

Also I have to let everyone here know something that has really blown me away, I can buy 99% of the parts for the 35 year old bike right from BMW, they are totally set up to supply all their classic machines, and odd though it sounds retoring this bike has made me even prouder of the Z8, BMW really does have us enthusiasts covered!

Andrew Macpherson

Funny. I didn't have the same experience restoring a '75 Triumph T160. Wonder why?
    thegunguy

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    Glad to hear BMW is keeping a stock pile of parts for us. Are the prices you're paying for parts within reason? It seems like on the Z8, they are outrages ($30 for a little plastic clip that goes on the hard top, for instance and that's after a discount).
    2003 Z8 Black/Red

They are priced at what I'd expect, so no, they aren't cheap, but yes, they are available! It is a trade off I'll take happily as many of the makes of the other bikes of my youth have vanished entirely, so forget getting anything for them if something happens!
    Andrew Macpherson

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    Agree, it's nice to see BMW committed to its classics. And on the Z8, BMW has shown great generosity thus far.
    2003 Z8 Black/Red

They really have, I'm so happy with the incredible back up and support that we've had as an owner group, as you can tell I'm super committed to the brand!
    Andrew Macpherson