Thread: K1600

K1600

This is not my bag as far as motorbikes, but this thing seems to have more tech than a 7.

http://www.bmwblog.com/2010/10/06/wo...1600-revealed/
    thegunguy

It really is the 7 series of the bike world, and it is not a bike I'd even have any interest in trying, let alone owning. I'm waiting to see if they'll release the so called Lo Rider twin that they showcased a couple of years back. I heard it would appear this winter, but maybe not with BMW putting so much emphasis on the big tourer. Couldn't get much different from last years S1000RR launch!

By the way, if you are following World Superbike, it is super great news that BMW have Leon Haslam on the team now, expect great things next year!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Yeah, the Lo Rider intrigues me too. I love its fat/upright BMWness with its twin jugs down low, but done in a very custom bobber/drag bike mix. I'm not sure if they plan to make it as customizable as suggested, but it should be interesting.

I only catch the competition stuff in passing. I read that they placed 6th overall this past year, which was spun as respectable for such a young team. After watching bike guys at the track, I have mad respect - yourself included - for anyone that goes that fast in a crowd, leaned over at 90 degrees.
    thegunguy

"Engine output 118 kW (160 bhp) at 7 750 rpm and maximum torque 175 Nm at 5 250 rpm. The lightest and most compact 6-cylinder in-line engine in serial motorcycle production > 1000 cc weighing just 102.6 kg and measuring 555 mm in width"

103kgs and they are bragging about how light it is? My whole bike weighs 120kgs (140hp). Each to his own, but I really don't understand why people choose to drive these tanks.

Totally different topic, but: Rossi on a Ducati next season was just meant to be.