Thread: New Custom Pedal set for my Z8

Thumbs up New Custom Pedal set for my Z8

Ordered these a while back and just now getting around to putting them on. I worked with the guys as Ultimate Pedals and had these made. The round rubber pads match well with the interior and I had the throttle pedal made wider at the top for better heel / toe action when downshifting. The custom Z8 emblem is a nice touch as well. Since I had them for a a while, I am not sure what they cost now but previously they were about $500 for the set including the dead pedal. They are made from billeted aluminum.

Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Looks sweet Jeff. It's something I should do eventually.

Yeah, just one of those 'tinkering around' things that really is just extra eye candy. The OEM Stainless dead pedal is OK by itself with the OEM black rubber pedal set but I had put some AC Schnitzer pedals on and since they are aluminum with black rubber vertical strips, they looked OK too but really did not coordinate well with the stainless OEM deadpedal (Schnitzer does not make a deadpedal to fit the Z8 so no way to coordinate that look).

Now, it seems more coordinated in appearance. I am not sure about the wider gas pedal though. Seemed like a good idea to widen the top a bit for the extra heel/toe capability but.... in city traffic it seems my regular shoes will clip the edge of that wider gas pedal. My driving shoes do not have the same width sole and seems OK and probably this something I will have to get used to an more than likely and will not be a problem. But if I can not get used to it, then I will have to have them make me a pedal that is standard width to avoid having problems. This road trip in August will be a good test. (Soooo looking forward to that trip for sure!!)
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102

Sounds like a good way to induce "unintended acceleration" Buy a Toyota first!

I'm a very big fan of my Ultimate Pedals kit, heel/toe is a breeze, and the pedals allow really quick, smooth inputs making fast progress on challenging roads seamless and easy.

http://www.bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=553
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8Mania
    Love it! Nice job!