Thread: Dinan Light Weight Wheels for Z8

Z8 Novice

Question Dinan Light Weight Wheels for Z8

I am being informed by a platinum Dinan dealer in Florida that he can get the Dinan 19" wheels that fit the Z8. I assume that Dinan knows very well all offsets etc. Does anyone have any experience with these in 19" wheels? I understand that this may be the first 19" set that they have done for the Z8.

The attached is a file photo of the wheel but in a 18".

DSC Off

Nice wheels

I would possibly be interested in a set as well. But, I did just look into them before I ordered all of the Dinan stuff for my new toy, and I spoke to an east coast rep. named Chris who told me that they did not offer a wheel any longer for the Z8 or the M5 for that matter. So, I have to say that I am confused as that was just a few weeks ago. In any event, I hope the rep. I spoke to was wrong. Please let me know what you find out and if you can really get them can you please share the name and number of a person that could possibly assist me as well. Thank you.
    Craig.

You should also check out HRE Comp21 rims, they are superlight and very attractive.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I had those on a dinan s2 m3. Very nice wheels and light, but like Craig said, I was told they were discontinuing them altogether. Maybe a change of heart??

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    Those wheels, as nice as they are, don't look right on a Z8. Perhaps they might look better on a differ color car.
    2003 Z8 Black/Red

Quote Originally Posted by redz8 View Post
    Those wheels, as nice as they are, don't look right on a Z8. Perhaps they might look better on a differ color car.
    I bought a Dinan S2 car that came with the wheels. From the pictures, I thought I was going to be buying new wheels. In person, though, they look much better...and they are damn light.

I would be interested in a 19* set as well. Let us know.

How light? My new HRE 20" are only 22-23# ea. And they are not the comp wheels, which are even lighter.

As I recall the 18" Dinans weigh 19lbs, but as Tony mentioned, they're not really right for the car appearance wise. To me, they're too hard edged and modern for the classic styling of the Z8, but wheels are always personal.

Can't wait to see the new HREs. When is Dana going to be done?
    thegunguy

Pick up mon/tues? Exhaust is not here yet. Will probably do in a few weeks.

Hope to see it, and get some pix at the end of the week. The only downer is the weather is looking a bit wet for our Laguna Seca adventure, so Clive & I may come up in his Prius if it rains, will decide for sure on Tues. The plus is two days ago it was rain from Tues - Sat, now they're saying just 36 hours of 30% chance Wed - Thus.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I noticed that most Prius drivers around LA speed like mad and act above the traffic laws. It's enjoyable irony.

Safe travels up.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    I've seen the same behavior here.

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    Speaking from experience, pedal to metal driving will significantly increase the hybrid fuel consumption.

Zmates: Interestingly, most wheels look different in person vs. pictures. One of the things I like about the BMW motorsport wheels is that they look great in person and photos.
    2003 Z8 Black/Red

I also agree, and find this design not quite "right" for the Z8. Heres a shot of my e46 S2 car. I think they fit the coupe body better.