Thread: The Raven has landed...

The Raven has landed...

My love of BMW's began with the two wheeled variety, so it shouldn't be a total surprise that having rediscovered the joys of biking I'm thinking of making a very small collection of BMW's greatest hits. This one is a two year old R1200S with all the right stuff. It is a beautifully prepared and set up long distance sports/tourer. In every way it is the Z8's two wheeled brother, same mission, same ability, same absolute pleasure to pilot.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

First long ride, damn patrol in Malibu. This bike is so good it doesn't make sense!

Andrew Macpherson

There really is nothing on the road like BMW's twins flying low. I love em.
    thegunguy

Z8Mania
    Very nice Andrew- congratulations. To get some of those dusk shots, you used a flash- yes? I like to learn more and more (as you know).

The top two shots are actually before the dawn, Sunday, about the only time I feel it is safe to be out on a bike in a city full of idiotic drivers!

For all my bike pix I use a Canon G10 which has a flash built in and it also suits bikes, but doesn't do any good on cars, so for all my dusk/dawn Z8 shots I use the Canon EOS 1Ds which has no flash, so I mix multiple exposures, as in these pictures.

Andrew Macpherson

Love those Andrew. The warm glow on the silver is stunning.

Z8Mania
    Sure is- I love it. Funny, my walk around camera is a G10 as well. Its the best point and shoot camera Ive ever had. My big camera is not like yours because you are a pro but Im using a D3. Andrew, any way could you email me a desktop pic res of the first one (z8 over looking city). Im running 2560x1400.

I only keep the web sized shots handy, those two are from a while ago, ironically both are shots of 60789, the car taught us about the frame distortions. The unprocessed RAW files are in the archival storage waiting the day we eventually do our big Z8 book, maybe in time for it's twentieth!
    Andrew Macpherson

Z8Mania
    Sounds good Andrew. That would be a lot of fun to do a book.

I enjoyed seeing this one come to life...

thegunguy

That was just two exposures, hand held, on the way home from lunch, I do love shooting the Z8, most gorgeous model of my life - a muse even?
    Andrew Macpherson

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    That looks like a missile ready to be fired. Awesome!
    2003 Z8 Black/Red

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Raven has landed

Andrew,
    Bike looks great, and always love your pictures.

Pandaman