Thread: New bits!

Z8 Novice

New bits!

Because of not driving my Z8 that much, I want to have my Z8 in a superb condition at the time I would decide to take it out for a spin, to make the drive as comfortable and pleasant as possible. Besides regularly detailing the car I also needed some parts from BMW AG. in Munich, and today I got them;

The whole package, including a pyamas for my hardtop, when sleeping alone trough summer;

New e-brake leaver;

(Old leaver with a little dent - New)

- Clips that go on the front hardtop lock (Old - Old - New)

- New panel on top of the air intake, (New - Old one with little scratches);

- More classy mounting plugs to fasten the new panel;

Nice to get all that little stuff cleaned up.

How much did the handbreak lever cost? Was that a stock item or did they have to order it from Germany? Mine has a few dents as well and I woudl love to replace it.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

How does the hand break get dented? A tight grab with a ring on? Is it just hollow (unsupported) inside?

Z8 Novice
    It's thick plastic supported, as it got dented, not sure how it happened... But it?s easely replaced, costs for the part were about Euro 110,00 (what is a lot) but it annoyed me big time, so i think it was well worth it! If you want the partnumber, I can get it for you!

Mine was dented as well. I installed AC Schnitzer lever. It is billet aluminum and looks more solid.
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Quote Originally Posted by Crips View Post
    It's thick plastic supported, as it got dented, not sure how it happened... But it?s easely replaced, costs for the part were about Euro 110,00 (what is a lot) but it annoyed me big time, so i think it was well worth it! If you want the partnumber, I can get it for you!
    How is it installed? I just got a replacement, but it's not obvious what the procedure is.

thanks, John