Thread: Exhaust Tones - Audio

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Exhaust Tones - Audio

Well I see that Andrew has posted an exhaust upgrade and describes the upgrades as a little bit more throat than the original and then the loud upgrade.

Has anyone or can anyone record the exhaust tones of the different exhaust systems that may have been installed on these cars?

It would help a lot when a new installation is being considered and to actually have a strong idea of what the exhaust sounds will be for each maker.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

There is no side by side audio, but the video in the Meisterschaft thread gives you a pretty good idea of the HP vs the GT, the HP is basically the same as stock, though the guys who sell it will swear it isn't, and this clip of Norcal at Buttonwillow gives you a good idea of what the Eisenmann sounds like.

There are several systems for the Z8 out there, Hamann, Supersprint, Dinan, Eisenmann, Meisterschaft and Cartridge, but the only two I've heard are the two featured above.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

The clip from Buttonwillow was recorded with the Mic in the trunk, so it sounds awesome, but for sure louder and more obvious than what you experience when driving on the street.