Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Thread: Meisterschaft Exhaust - Fantastic Sound

Z8 Novice

Wrong Muffler?

sorry to tag onto an old post. I just received Meisterschaft exhaust for my Z8. Two shops in Dallas have told me they are the wrong muffler and will not fit. GT Haus insists they are correct. They dont look to my eyes the same as the other picture on this board. Have a look at mine and if you can add anything please do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppapump View Post
    sorry to tag onto an old post. I just received Meisterschaft exhaust for my Z8. Two shops in Dallas have told me they are the wrong muffler and will not fit. GT Haus insists they are correct. They dont look to my eyes the same as the other picture on this board. Have a look at mine and if you can add anything please do.
    Did you look at post #23 on this thread where Andrew posted a picture at the time? It does look a little different in the exhaust pipe leaving the muffler, but could be just the angle of the camera. I could not find any pictures of mine I installed in 2014 (love the sound!). Post #138 also has a photo of ones that were installed.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 110,000+ Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    Did you look at post #23 on this thread where Andrew posted a picture at the time? It does look a little different in the exhaust pipe leaving the muffler, but could be just the angle of the camera. I could not find any pictures of mine I installed in 2014 (love the sound!). Post #138 also has a photo of ones that were installed.

Yes I did see it and have used it with GT Haus as exhibit A that my muffler they sent is the wrong part but they insist the picture above is correct. Even though two muffler shops here in Dallas say dont even try it. Does anyone know if Meisterschaft still makes a Z8 muffler? Evidence points to the fact that maybe they no longer do.

That's super frustrating, so sorry to hear. By the way, I got you pm and changed your password, if you can't log in now email me at andrew-at-bmwz8.us

It's completely clear to see they are the wrong mufflers in the image below.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On
    Here's a link to vivid racing website with more pics to see if it is the same or not.

https://www.vividracing.com/meisters...3-p-74579.html
    2002 Z8, Titanium Silver, Dinan ECU/Suspension, Brembo BBK, Quaife 3.64 LSD, Short Shift, HRE 541R, Eisenmann Exhaust
    2014 R8 V10 Plus - 6MT, Sepang Blue, Exclusive Alabaster White Interior, Capristo X-Pipe, Pedalbox, Reid Intake
    2008 RS4 - Phantom Black, Titanium Package, Exclusive Red/Black Interior, KW V3, H-Pipe
    2018 991.2 GT3 - 6MT, Graphite Blue Metallic, Lightweight Buckets, Ceramics, GRP Bypass Exhaust

Z8 Novice
    Andrew thank you for that picture. Your pictures on slide 23 did not do the trick with GT Haus. They claimed it looked just like the muffler I posted above. Your second picture of side by side should end the discussion. I should also inform the board that getting Vivid Racing attention for a refund is not as easy as it should be. The entire thing between the two seems to be an argument without a solution as to what fits and what doesnt fit. Buyer Bewarethe picture on vivid site is the wrong muffler and will not fit. I sure appreciate the wealth of information on the board regarding the Z8.

Z8 Novice
    GT Haus still insists that Mcfly pictures is apples and oranges and take a picture of the other one. They feel we are comparing different sides so here are the pictures of the other muffler. If you can help identify if what I have is the correct or incorrect muffler I would appreciate your chiming in. I have taken a picture from both sides hoping to eliminate confusion.

No matter what the pictures appear to say (which is that it doesn't look like the unit shown in post 138, no matter which way you flip and turn it) - if it won't fit, it won't fit, so they have either it got labeled incorrectly or there was a mess up at the manufacturers.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On
    Sorry you're having this trouble. I am hoping this gets resolved quickly for you. I am also interested in ordering this exhaust. Sounds like I better hold off for a bit. Are there any other vendors out there to consider, other than Vivid Racing? I would love to hear a video clip when you are finished!

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by DakotaGT View Post
    Sorry you're having this trouble. I am hoping this gets resolved quickly for you. I am also interested in ordering this exhaust. Sounds like I better hold off for a bit. Are there any other vendors out there to consider, other than Vivid Racing? I would love to hear a video clip when you are finished!
    Happy Ending to my muffler saga. GT Haus referred me to a Dallas based approved site (Blair Automotive) and they fitted the exhaust. Interesting how pictures look different. The exhaust note has transformed my Z8 and I am one happy camper. I have an AMG GT-C with Renntech exhaust, headers, chip and it in no way transformed the GT. One unexpected benefit is the ability that hearing your exhaust helps improve your shifting. Many thanks to all who posted on this thread from beginning to end. The information here is simply a blessing to anyone new to the Z8 world.

Sport Button On
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigpoppapump View Post
    Happy Ending to my muffler saga. GT Haus referred me to a Dallas based approved site (Blair Automotive) and they fitted the exhaust. Interesting how pictures look different. The exhaust note has transformed my Z8 and I am one happy camper. I have an AMG GT-C with Renntech exhaust, headers, chip and it in no way transformed the GT. One unexpected benefit is the ability that hearing your exhaust helps improve your shifting. Many thanks to all who posted on this thread from beginning to end. The information here is simply a blessing to anyone new to the Z8 world.

That is great to hear! So, the exhaust you were sent from Vivid racing ended up being all correct? Did Blair Automotive have any issues installing it? I am a little perplexed, because I figured this would be a mod that I could just install myself, but your experience has me questioning that.

Z8 Novice
    Glad you got it sorted out. I had this exhaust installed by EAG as part of my Rejuvenation - the only negative thing is that it took 6 months to get the exhaust. Here are a couple pictures they sent me. Car sounds amazing.

Devin
    2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT2, PP Installed, CDV delete, Short Shift

Z8 Novice
    Blair did not have any issues installing it. I do not know your skill level but you have to make a cut in the existing pipe in the right (measured) spot to make it fit.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3