Thread: GG Bailey mats.

GG Bailey mats.

Here are some pix of their Z8 cut carpets. I'll do some more of them in situ in a few days, but first impression is that they are mediocre at best. They feel cheap, the embossing is so awful that I wish I'd just got plain, and the heel pad is a really stupid very raised carpet pad - again if I'd have seen that in reality first I'd have skipped it too!

I'd say they are fine as something to mess up while keeping your OEM mats clean and safe in the nice box the Bailey mats come in (about the best part of the deal!) but they are not a joy to behold, or to touch.

The blue is a very dark, it looks like charcoal grey with a hint of navy. It is much darker than our Topaz, and I suspect it will read as a black in the creama interior. The grey, which I hoped would approach our silver, and add some lightness to the dark of the black footwell, looks like it might be the more successful of these two.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

That's a shame. I wouldn't put them in my car. Thanks for taking one for the team.

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    My black mats (sans heelpad) should be arriving any day now. Can't wait.
    There goes another hundred bucks.
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness
    I got a set for my red interior. Their red is as far as it can be from the z8 red carpet. The quality is nothing to write home about. I'll stick with the OEM mats I got from the dealer (not exactly sure how much I paid, but $200+ comes to mind -- money well spent).
    2003 Z8 Black/Red

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Here they are. Quality not the best as previously stated. The black is closer to a smokey dark gray. I had the lettering done in italics as opposed to the block lettering and without the heelpad. Look just OK and good enough to protect the carpet - I guess

---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Here are my grey ones in the black interior. Once in place I think they suit the car well, and add a nice touch of lightness to the otherwise rather dark cockpit. I like this set in the black cabin much more in situ than I thought I would when I pulled them out of the box.

Andrew Macpherson

Blue matts in Topaz car...

As expected this is something of a disappointment, but in a car that will do under two hundred miles a year it isn't a huge problem.

Andrew Macpherson