Thread: Headliner change

Headliner change

I have some significant abrasion of the material along the B Pillar Headliner. I was told that this has resulted from the convertible frame rubbing against the material.
    Has anyone else seen this? Is it possible to replace the headliner without pulling the convertible top off?
    Last edited by Bend; September 13th 2007 at 07:39.

I haven't seen this before, could you shoot some pictures of the area of concern.

I know you have to be uber-careful of the magnesium frame of the top beccause it can't get a scrtach to the paint, the magnesium will oxydize very quickly, and the frame will turn to white powder. This is a job that I would insist is done at one of BMW's aluminum repair centers due to the very fragile nature of the coating on the frame.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I'll try to get some pics.
    After all the talk about the norcal trip, we're going to take a drive up to the Reno Air Races and then over to Mendocino and then down to drop the car off at Dana's to change the headliner.
    What we don't know is whether the convertible top needs to come off to change the headliner. It kicks the labor up considerably.

Don't forget to take some pictures on the drive, have fun!!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.