Thread: HRE Wheels

DSC Off

HRE Wheels

Looking at wheels. Has anyone tried this HRE wheel that looks somewhat like an Alpina wheel (not the Z8 version), or do you think it would look good? Or is there another HRE you particularly like? I think I've read most of the many posts on wheels, but a lot of them are from the first decade of Z8 life. This one is the 309M.

DLM

One of my favorite subjects. Did you get a price quote?

I like these two;

2000 Red over black
    heavily modified for performance. Although, not to the level of GM's car

I would always have the hat (center section) charcoal/silver.

like these too;

2000 Red over black

DSC Off
    Quote Originally Posted by 2112 View Post
    I would always have the hat (center section) charcoal/silver.

like these too;
    No, didnít ask for quote, figured I should decide first on design. Thanks for the recommendations. Iíll probably stay away from the ones with bolts, too hard to clean. Have had them before on another car.

This is a very beautiful shape that I han't seen before and think would sit really well with the Z8. I always like HRE, they make a great product.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

DSC Off
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    This is a very beautiful shape that I han't seen before and think would sit really well with the Z8. I always like HRE, they make a great product.
    Andrew, Thanks so much and a great find, I didnít see those at the bottom of the web page. What do you think for coloróas pictured or possibly more silver? Appreciate it, I donít have the design eye to imagine what a design would look like with the car like you do.

David

That one seems very much like a more modern version of the stock wheel. I personally, am a bit old school. I think the old alpina look could be awesome.

DSC Off
    Quote Originally Posted by Norcal View Post
    That one seems very much like a more modern version of the stock wheel. I personally, am a bit old school. I think the old alpina look could be awesome.
    Now IÔŅĹm waffling. Two recommendations on the new shape, one on the Alpina style, all from you Z8 experts. Anyway thanks, IÔŅĹll get one of these. Quote was $2K for the new style.

Andrew, I think it's relatively new as I don't remember it either. To say I dislike the Ring Brothers is an understatement. I am guessing they commissioned the design as opposed to creating it themselves.

Being a one piece wheel, it looks more like an OEM wheel too.
    2000 Red over black

I've never heard of the Ring folks, but I think this one in a coated polished metal would be my choice, this angle looks great, and would match the Z8 well.

I'd get a 19" x 9" from and 10" at back with slightly wide tires, make sure to get the right offsets, 20mm front, 22mm rear.

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I've never heard of the Ring folks, but I think this one in a coated polished metal would be my choice, this angle looks great, and would match the Z8 well.

I'd get a 19" x 9" from and 10" at back with slightly wide tires, make sure to get the right offsets, 20mm front, 22mm rear.
    The Ring Brothers are builders of 60's muscle cars reimagined with modern rigging. This includes huge diameter wheels, which look ridiculous on Gen I Mustangs etc.

Your specified wheel sizes are exactly what I have had on my Z8 all these years. Just right in my opinion.
    2000 Red over black

DSC Off

From my beater Cayenne, looks surprisingly similar. Hmmm. Thanks for the sizing.

Canít get picture to attach, will try again later.