Thread: Windshield wiper fluid flow

Question Windshield wiper fluid flow

The flow for the windshield washing liquid was reduced to a drip so I filled the reservoir which I assumed to be empty. It took about gallon and a half which would indicate that it was quite empty. After filling the system, the fluid flow remains the same.

The headlight washers work great and when I try to use the windshield washers, I can hear the motor whining, but the flow is nearly non existent.

Any ideas?

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

Nozzles clogged? It's not uncommon for wax/polish to seal the nozzles.
    thegunguy

Sport Button On - DSC Off harvey2's Avatar
    I had mine replaced early in the first year of ownership as they would not spray. The dealer told me that the nozzles had melted shut due to the nozzle heater overdoing it. I didn't know there was heaters in those things.

Fixed -

I don't know for sure what happened, but they work now fine. I can't imagine that the lines had that much air in them as I tried to get them to work over a period of several days. Suddenly they are fine.

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

yep....

Quote Originally Posted by Musta10000 View Post
    ....Suddenly they are fine.
    just another in the growing list of unexplained phenomena regarding the electrics of the Z8. Seems there are a number of little electrical quirks that occur from time to time. Seems as if these things are like your home computer... just reboot and everything "suddenly is fine".
    Best Regards,

Jeff
    61995 Silver /// Rot - Original Owner
    Z8 Club of Germany e.V. #102