Thread: Low Tire Warning

Low Tire Warning

I was out with my PCA friends yesterday on a great 200 mile ride and about 3/4 into the trip my low tire pressure warning lit up. Pulled to a gas station with one of the other cars and checked the pressures of the tires and they all were right on. Restarted the engine and the light did not come back on. We then caught up with the group at the last scheduled stop so no harm done, but has this ever happened to anyone else? We'll see if it stays off...

The picture is from our lunch break location in Fort Dodge, IA at the Painted Silos. The 110-foot tall 360 degrees Fort Dodge Grain Silo Mural was created by Australian artist, Guido van Helten. My Z8 is in the very back next to 1963 Porsche 356 S. He did amazingly good on the curvy sections considering the mature age of the car - on the straights not so much, but he did have it toping 90 mph.

Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S

I had this issue on my maiden drive up from San Diego to home in the Bay Area. My recollection is that rather than directly monitoring air pressure the Z8 measures differences in tire rotation with the wheel circumference being smaller on a deflated run flat tire. Bottom line I added air to one of the tires and never saw this low pressure light again.
    My Best,

Ed

2002 Z8 Jet Black//Sport Red
    2012 SLS AMG Obsidian Black/Classic Red

That is correct - no TMPS. I have that before with actual low pressure as well, but in this case all the tires were inflated to the same pressure when the system was re-set which made me question it. Hopefully mine will stay off except when truly needed to alert me.
    Skip Hammerman

2002 BMW Z8 - Meisterschaft GT, PP installed, CDV delete. 100,000 Mile Club
    2013 BMW X3
    2015 Porsche 911 Targa 4S