Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Thread: Books on eBay thread

Sport Button On - DSC Off

Arrow Books on eBay thread

Everyone, I noticed a Z8 book for sale on eBay. The leather is black and the serial number appears to be 60847.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red
    Built 01/2000 (Former Owner)

Daily Driver
    2014 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
    All blacked out, 21" wheels, chipped to 560hp

Hobby car 2009 Z4, dual exhaust, 19" M3 wheels

I hope that everyone here knows that Bill Stuart will get you your own copy of the book gratis, all you need to do is call him with your VIN, so long as you are the registered owner in BMW NA's database you'll get a copy, so don't go buying one on EBay.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Point of interest, I looked at my book today and I have the original book with the VIN, however I noticed the picture of the actual car showed a Z8 with an European license plate holder on it. My bumper has not license plate on it, or any holes plugged in it. I have a factory picture of a Z8, but it appears to probably not be mine, but it is still a silver/red Z
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

I always wondered if the polaroids were really of the each car made. Doing that would have been quite an undertaking, while doing a bunch of one car in each color at one time would have made much more sense, and could also explain why your car has a plate holder on your front bumper. Maybe do a digital snap of your polaroid, and pop it up here and we'll see if anyone else with a Silver/Red car has the exact same polaroid.
    Andrew Macpherson

For sure they are NOT our actual cars. My Polaroid shows a black/crema interior on "My" car. Mine car is really solid black over crema.

My Alpina book has a picture of a Z8, right colors, wrong rims....

Book for car #60076 on eBay

Looks like a black leather interior, and black exterior color car, there was some shady business with the bidding on this one, at one point it got up to $1100, but in the end it didn't reach reserve at $660.00

Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

Reason why I posted this and other book sales is that if an original VIN stamped book became available, then maybe we could unite a book with its car again.

From what I understand a book from Bill Stuart is good and correct, and priced right; but it lacks the VIN stamp. Is that correct?

I know if my book was missing and I was able to find the orginal VIN stamped book for it I would want it back, but I agree $1000 is a bit much, but sometimes completeness is priceless.

Just trying to find the correct home for this orphan and if one of our lucky members is the missing owner, then maybe this gives them an option to complete their car that didn't exist previously for them. It is a long shot, but worth the effort I think.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

You are correct that Bill's books are without VIN plates, but you can order duplicate plates from BMW NA through your local dealer, and just pop it on for a lot less than $500.
    Andrew Macpherson

Ahh, well that is a great workaround, so I won't have to worry about the orphans any longer '; )

Maybe that would be a good sticky for buyers and eliminate many threads with one capture.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

I'll keep adding new books to this thread so we can catalog their progress. I know there are now no books left in Europe, so once the small stash Bill has for NA customers is exhausted the books will be as good an investment as the car!
    Andrew Macpherson

Well it is a limited first edition run, right? and they don't plan to ever produce it again do they? Even if they do, we still have the first edition. So I will keep an eye out on ebay also.

Lucked out, I won a 2001 BMW Z8 christmas ornament on ebay.
    Zed0037

#60217 Silver/Crema
    Built 07/2000

#60037 Silver / Red

Daily Driver

Sport Button On
    Andrew

Thanks for your input on Bill comcerning the book. He was very helpfull. Also thanks for the info om the vin plate.

I guess I owe him a bottle of wine as well as Dennis for the hat.

Great site.

Merry Christmas Guys

Black/Cream book on EBay

This one sold at $710.00

Andrew Macpherson

Here's another one....

can't quite tell what the VIN is - Sold for $740

Andrew Macpherson

And another, this one is for VIN 60242.

Sale ended at $600 - nearly half price from a year ago!

Andrew Macpherson

Would love to obtain a book english. Have a US car imported to Holland last year. Topaz, leather creme black, AH60884.
    What is the procedure?

Best Regards, Jaap de Hoog

I'm sending you a PM now....
    Andrew Macpherson

z8 books for sale

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    I'm sending you a PM now....
    unfortunately the seller is somewhat over-enthousiastic with the price.
    1000 euro ( apporx 1500 USD ) will get you a copy ......

Jaap, did you receive the Z8 club DE mail?

The Book for 77821 on eBay

title says it all - link

Sold @ $520

77821 back on sale on ebay.de

The Book (Silver/Red 61791)

Sold in for $560

61744 Red///Red

Dear Jaap, i did import the same combi as you have from US also to the Netherlands. Did you succeed in organizing the book? And how did you do that?

Book required silver red

I have a silver Z8 with red/black interior - VIN AF78564. Unfortunately I do not posses a book for the car . I do not expect to find the actual book associated with my car but any help sourcing a red bound eddition would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew?

Quote Originally Posted by swiftruss View Post
    I have a silver Z8 with red/black interior - VIN AF78564. Unfortunately I do not posses a book for the car . I do not expect to find the actual book associated with my car but any help sourcing a red bound eddition would be greatly appreciated.
    Andrew, do you know if Bill Stuart still has books in his "stash". Does he supply them to second owners? My original owner had everything except the book and the black plastic key. He said he never got a book. I understand about ordering the vin plate separately.

He does indeed still have a couple. He sent me one (I'm a second owner) just a few weeks ago. He even went to the trouble to find one with the correct color scheme.
    -Jimmy C

Z8Mania
    Charles, you should call him.

Ditto that Charles, Bill is wonderful.
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by Z8Mania View Post
    Charles, you should call him.
    Thanks, I will do it. I pulled his number off dogdoc97' s Q&A thread (can you believe it?) as 201-263-8210.

Yes, that's his number.
    Andrew Macpherson

Here's one on EBay in the Netherlands.

The Buy it Now is approximately US $1,573.62, and oddly enough it appears to be for the US VIN 61085

Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    I've got one that I'm planning to put up on eBay next week. Silver/Black '01. PM me if you're interested.

Dear Jack, Thank you, but in the meanwhile i got one via BMW NA, great service!

mjunco1054

Z8 Book

I located the original owner of my Z8 and he has the book for the car. He indicated that he would sell it for the right price. I looked on eBay and found one for $750. I would be interested to know what is the going price for the books based on some members that are more familiar with the price range these days.
    Since this is the book for my car, I'm willing to pay a fair price, but I don't want to overpay, either.
    Thanks,
    Manuel Junco 60373

That's a hard call because if you reach out to Bill Stuart he may be able to get you a book from BMW NA. You'll then have get a VIN sticker made, and maybe trade Polaroids and leather, so that's a great deal less expensive, but if you want the actual book delivered with your car $750 seems to be about the price they go for.
    Andrew Macpherson

I have a problem with the previous owner not just giving you the book. It should stay with the car, period.
    thegunguy

Agreed, it is part of the whole.

Here's the link to the thread where everyone is swapping the Polaroids and leathers.. http://bmwz8.us/vbb/showthread.php?t=2798
    Andrew Macpherson

No scruples, I guess. Must not have been a board member here. Unbelieveable...

Z8 Novice

BMW NA

I called Sal at BMW NA and asked if they had any books left as mine wasn't present when i bought the car, emailed him my vehicle's info etc...less than a week he emails and has my correct color combo book coming my way n/c none the less!!! Thanks Sal and BMW!!

Z8 Novice
    Do you have his number or email address? While I have owned #60579 sinc 2005 I have never collected all the misisng 'pieces' until now and would love to have a color matching book.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Doug Dolan's Avatar
    Here's his info from macfly's reply on the thread about pictures:
    Email: [email protected] ? phone: 1-800-831-1117? Ext: 8228.
    Like you, I've owned #61297 since 2005 and would love to get the "book" for it! I'll be calling Sal first thing Monday morning.
    Doug Dolan
    61297 - Stratus / Crema

mjunco1054

Found the book after tracking down the original owner

Thanks for the tip about BMW. However, the book was delivered when the car was sold in my case and I was able to locate the original owner and purchased the book from him. He also had some original dealer brochures and a couple of Auto magazines with early articles on the Z8 and sent them along.
    Manuel Junco

Having to purchase the book from a previous owner is criminal. Would you accept the seller not including the engine? The book was included with the original sale of the car. It should go with any subsequent sales and owners. Period.

I'd ask for a refund.
    thegunguy

This one just came up again, price lowered to $1249.00 - thanks Ton for the tip.

It's for Red/Crema car #61085 - link
    Andrew Macpherson

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    Silly prices! I have an "orphan" book ( car is crashed in Germany) in black leather which could be obtained for less. Only one condition: it should come in the hands of a Z8 owner.
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

There is another book up on Ebay vin AH61085 on Ebay right now http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Z8-Owner...item1e7e26ad49
    Andrew Macpherson

It seems he keeps listing it at the same price, $1499, ever hopeful!

New link here.

Andrew Macpherson

The title should be: desperate person seeks for another desperate/ignorant person. The market price for the Black cover nowadays is about $700, red and crema are rare but still not twice the price of the "ordinary". If I see these prices I could sell my " Individual" Book for...????
    Ton

Z8 Novice
    Hello everyone, my name is Favio Landeira, and iam very happy to be part of this BMW Z8 CLUB, i was looking for my z8 book and Andrew Macpherson gave me William Stuart phone number, he is an Executive in customer care for BMW North America, he was very kind to send me a book for my car but the next day when i received it via fedex, the black box that hold inside de z8 book was badly damage, and the box is as important as the book, actually is part of it, i call William and send him the pictures of the very damage box, he told me that he has to check if there is another book, and that he was not sure if he can help me, this really suck because i was very happy to get the book an now i have a damage book, anyone can give me any advice, who i can talk in BMW, to see if there is any person in the company that really can help me, please let me know, thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Bill is the best and only person who can help with this, and if he has no more books, which I knew would happen one day, then I'm afraid all you can do is keep an eye on EBay.

If I was in your position I'd take the box to a bindery, and get a special box made. I've done that with several personal books I've created, and the results have been spectacular.
    Andrew Macpherson

Or buy a book on eBay and swap boxes. Re-sell the purchased book with the damaged box. Just be sure to say that the box is damaged.

The red/crema book for AH61805 is back on ebay now...

BMW Z8 Owner Book Brochure Catalogue Kunden Buch VIP Prospekt Red Crema | eBay

Z8 Novice
    Hello folks:

If anyone knows the whereabouts of the book for 61376 (black/crema/black), I'd be much obliged. Greatly appreciate any leads.

DSC Off
    Add one more triple-thumbs-up, lifelong indebtedness, acknowledgment for superlative work and huge "Thank you" to Bill Stuart.
    This for yet another instance of his finding a book for us/me and shipping it out immediately by UPS for arrival within a few days.

He was even able to get the leather cover in the correct color - Crema! (The only proper interior color. )

It is amazing that so many years down the road ( ) and with so many subsequent cars and personnel, BMW continues to provide not only support but original accessory pieces like this. I think we unfairly expect things to be perfect sometimes, but this example is yet more evidence the BMW still gives a d*&n and will do what is possible to support its customers.

None of this would be possible without Mr. Stuart, who clearly provides his service with care, responsibility and love for the BMW level of performance. Wonderful!

Thank you, Bill. I love my Z8 even more.

(BTW - if anyone has a picture of a Topaz Blue car to spare, or trade for Black/Crema, please let me know. And I have a VIN plate that I could possibly make available - #AH60156. I need VIN# AH60895 )

Hi

http://www.bmwz8.us/forum/sale-wante...html#post41887

You can order the Vin sticker at your dealer
    Ton

DSC Off
    Thank you, Ton.

I should have found the exchange, especially after reading through it a few times the past couple of years. D'oh!
    And I'll try the dealership. I got the impression from a few posts, above, that this was no longer possible.

Appreciated.

It it just an "ordinary" part. If you wash your engine bay frequently the sticker also deteriorates. If you want order 2 than you probably have a problem. I had no problems with ordering mine.

Quote Originally Posted by hlmiii View Post
    Thank you, Ton.

I should have found the exchange, especially after reading through it a few times the past couple of years. D'oh!
    And I'll try the dealership. I got the impression from a few posts, above, that this was no longer possible.

Appreciated.
    Ton

DSC Off
    Again - thank you.

Sport Button On
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Hello folks:

If anyone knows the whereabouts of the book for 61376 (black/crema/black), I'd be much obliged. Greatly appreciate any leads.
    Do you have the 1:18th dealer model for your car? I believe I have a black/crema/black in the original black box if you need one.

Lanny

Was having a quick look at prices on EBay tonight, and saw these three all for sale, two in the UK, and one in the Netherlands.

Andrew Macpherson

They are just trying :-) 2 weeks ago I bought the red leather one for 825 ....anyone interested?
    Ton

mjunco1054
    Ton,
    is the book for a European Car. I have a 2000 Silver/Red that was brought in from Italy in 2001 as there was a waiting list in the USA and the previous owner went to Europe to get one. The car had all the modifications made to meet US requirements.
    thanks,
    Manuel
    Manuel Junco 2001 Z8 60373 (Silver/Black)2001 Z8 60430 (Silver/Red)1976 20022017 Porsche Carrera GTS1998 Porsche Carrera S

Manuel,

The content of the book is the same. What makes the book unique is the (EU)VIN sticker which you can order with your dealership. I can include the right stock picture of the car.
    Ton

mjunco1054
    Ton,
    my Silver/Red 2000 Z8 VIN is WBAEJ11050AF77642. Unfortunately, for some reason related to privacy, you can no longer obtain the VIN sticker from the dealer in the USA. Is it possible to obtain one in Europe?
    Thanks,
    Manuel
    Manuel Junco 2001 Z8 60373 (Silver/Black)2001 Z8 60430 (Silver/Red)1976 20022017 Porsche Carrera GTS1998 Porsche Carrera S

Is it possible to obtain one in Europe?
    I think BMW Munich will say: order it with BMWNA.

you can no longer obtain the VIN sticker from the dealer in the USA.
    Strange. We are talking about a important BMW part: the car identity. What happens if you give your engine bay a firm wash on a high pressure and it is damaged?

Have you read this posting

http://www.bmwz8.us/forum/sale-wante...html#post45908
    Ton

Quote Originally Posted by mjunco1054 View Post
    Unfortunately, for some reason related to privacy, you can no longer obtain the VIN sticker from the dealer in the USA.

Manuel, I ordered a VIN sticker for my collection and BMWNA didn't say no. This is the first step, because in the last couple of years the "no" came right away. According to my parts guy, he received a couple of VIN stickers he ordered (not Z8s) but it took a couple of months. I've been in the queue for about two months now. I'll report back when I either get it or don't get it. Stay tuned.
    C.A. Cardenas (AKA Dan)2003 (last one?) Z8 - Hellrot / Sport Rot Original Owner - Munich Tourist Delivery-- Others --1988 M6 - 32K mi. - Original Owner1989 DINAN 750iL - 73K mi. - Original Owner1998 M3 - 63K mi. - Original Owner2015 X5 (F15) Diesel - Daily Driver2008 Porsche Turbo Cab - 9K mi. (Mezger motor/6-sp. manual)

You must consider that the VIN is a printed piece of multi layered plastic. I think that they print a batch of VIN stickers and wait until a sheet is filled. I had to wait about 5 weeks before I got it.
    Ton

mjunco1054
    All,
    thanks for the information on the VIN stickers. I will try again.
    Manuel

carnut
    I was not aware of this. how do i reach Bill Stuart? And, how do I verify that the car is listed in BMW NA's database?

This guy's been trying to sell this book for over 18 months, here it is again at around $1500!

Andrew Macpherson

Z8 Novice
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-Z8-Owner...-/261838799572

NO RESERVE
    BMW Z8 OWNERS BOOK
    CAME FROM A 2001 BMW Z8 SILVER BLACK PICTURE. NO BOX FOR THE BOOK

Fun, I put in a bid as it'd be nice to have an open one to kick around on the coffee table.
    Andrew Macpherson

Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    Fun, I put in a bid as it'd be nice to have an open one to kick around on the coffee table.
    $481 For a hundred dollars more you have a excellent book in the original box without damage.

Ton

My maximum bid was 205, no idea who paid that, but for something we can new and in a box for free from BMW it's a a big chunk of change to throw down!
    Andrew Macpherson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last