Thread: Another from the Netherlands—in Stratus! Plus several others on Classic Driver Market

Another from the Netherlands—in Stratus! Plus several others on Classic Driver Market

Note that only one shows a listed price of under 200,000 euros....https://www.classicdriver.com/en/car...rce=newsletter

Beyond the Valley of Z8 Madness Z-acht's Avatar
    But don't forget these are asking prices. Markets are saturated with high Z8 prices, I guess not much is sold. The Stratus is one the original 71 sold dutch cars.
    Ton
    1 of the 71 original Dutch sold cars (jetblack/red)

Ton, I am not getting any EU buyers here any more. My sense is that the interest in the Z8 over there is either on the wane, or the market is over saturated, or both, what do you feel?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

As far as I can see people are still interested in the Z8 but high prices scare them off. It is still a seller market: 3 years back this web site (http://www.leparking.fr/voiture-occasion/bmw-z8.html) showed around 120 cars for sale, nowadays over 200 cars are a normal average.
    Ton

DSC Off
    I have just done a calculation of import costs for the black beauty Andrew currently has up for 178k USD which is a low miler, fully inspected, careful lady owner blah, blah, blah....in other words a good one.To get that shipped, imported into the UK, modified and fully road legal it would be approx 162k GBP or 181.5k Euros.If he hasn't got people banging his door down to buy it then Europe's cars are hopelessly over priced.

- - - Updated - - -

Ton - do you fancy going halves on it and becoming Z8 dealers ??

Quote Originally Posted by PeterPortugal View Post
    Ton - do you fancy going halves on it and becoming Z8 dealers ??
    Peter, when I do that I don't have time enough to drive around in my own Z8 :-)....one of the joys being retired !
    Ton

Sport Button On
    Hi Peter, in Germany the main problem still is, that the car will ever be an US car. The people in Germany will spend more money on an AF car than on an AH which is similar or even better, that is my opinion from my research on the ,market and within in Z8 club.
    It also depends on the colour combi as well and the history.
    I think the market in Germany is still overprized but there are enough people looking for a Z8.
    And do not forget, people who bought the car about 15 years ago are now in the selling age if no one in the family is interested in the car.
    But that is only my opinion.
    Best regards from Dortmund

Karsten
    Alpina Z8 #550/555
    AH61420

DSC Off
    Hi Karsten - I only bought mine last year so believe me I really hope prices remain strong. In Europe I see many cars for sale but not so many for 180k euros or less. The dealers seem happy to keep them in the showroom and ask 200k + !!

Regarding AH vs AF I think you have a point but really the differences are truly minor for the Z8. It is not like the 70's / 80's when US cars had those emission control devices which strangled the engine - Jaguar E-types would be a good example.

The side markers on US cars are an eye sore (in my opinion !) but I had my rear bumper changed out for 1500 euro at a BMW dealership. On the plus side my US car has a cup holder !!

The people in Germany will spend more money on an AF car than on an AH which is similar or even better,
    In the Netherlands this is no issue. Dutch people want the best car for the least money :-) Most of the cars at Dutch dealers are coming from the US
    Ton

Sport Button On
    Hi Peter, I agree with you that there are not many differences between AF and AH but that is just the behaviour of the people here in Germany and even if the dealers have a higher sticker on the car they will move to sell I believe. And I think they do not want to have any changes at the car, keep it original as possible.
    Best regards from Dortmund

Karsten
    Alpina Z8 #550/555
    AH61420