Thread: Rear Grills Covered In Leather

Sport Button On - DSC Off Robert Linton's Avatar

Rear Grills Covered In Leather

One of the two interior rear grills covered in leather. As the piece does not come apart, you can imagine the painstaking work that has gone into covering each gill and each vertical piece.

OK, I'm sold. count me in!

My cars are slowly becoming Cartridge cars, at this rate there won't be much BMW left!

On the topic of leather covering I do have a really serious desire, caused by the annoying flare of the plastic dash on the inside of the windscreen. I'd like to cover the panels in front of the steering wheel, the instrument cluster and the airbag - which I want to turn into a glove box in a perfect color matched black leather covering. Do you have any suggestions?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Having the full Cartridge Edition Z8 wouldn't be a totally bad thing. As to covering parts in leather, anything is possible.

P.S. Wait until pictures of the Cartridge Axles are posted within two weeks.

Sport Button On

Non- Glare film?

I too suffer from the glare on the windshield. I've been researching a low glare film but have not found anythin yet. Does anyone have any suggestions. Jonny
    Jonny

Lightbulb

How about covering the plastics on the dash board and center console with suede and the glove boxes located on the door covers with leather?
    Hattat

AF77768 Topasblau / Schwarz

PP installed
    Motorsport 20" style 101 wheels
    Eisenmann catback
    Supersprint headers
    CDV removed
    Quaife LSD
    3.64 gearing

Anything can be done, it's only a matter of cost. As to suede, be careful from a durability point of view -- Alcantara or Ultrasuede might be better options.