Thread: Time has come to change

Sport Button On

Time has come to change

The time has finally come to replace the OE Run Flats...am ready to replace with PS2's...would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has made that change and has driven enough miles to evaluate the switch... thanks in advance for your help.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Dogsbreath's Avatar
    I ran Dunlop Sport Maxx's and was very pleased. Subsequently went to Bridgestone Pole Positions which may be a little too stiff for the car. I like them for handling but the Sport Maxx's were more pleasant and handled very well.

I still have the Dunlops and would consider selling them if you have any interest. They are in excellent shape.

Dave P

The Michelin Pilot Sport 2 is my choice for our car. It has incredible grip, but also a much more compliant ride than any of the other tires I have tried. You can order them directly for the stock wheel sizes from Tirerack or Costco.

It is always a good idea to get your alignment checked and dialed in correctly as well as having the wheels balanced. I'd suggest looking for a specialty tire shop that does Ferrari's etc, with a full Hunter alignment machine to do the set up.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Z8 Novice
    PS2's are what I am running on the Z8, Viper, and M5. I have found them to be the best street and high performance tire. Albeit, they won't last long, the rubber grade is awesome for grip and low noise.

Quote Originally Posted by luvnlfe View Post
    The time has finally come to replace the OE Run Flats...am ready to replace with PS2's...would appreciate any feedback from anyone who has made that change and has driven enough miles to evaluate the switch... thanks in advance for your help.

Luvnlfe, what did you put on ? The Michelins PS2's ? And what are your findings ?

Z8 Novice
    Quote Originally Posted by RRZ8 View Post
    Luvnlfe, what did you put on ? The Michelins PS2's ? And what are your findings ?
    Changed the RF mainly due to some fear for the frame harm they might produce until my PP is installed. Ps2 are better in every sense, comfort and grip. I use them in 997 turbo and the rears last 20.000 km. When they are worn out, they produce a trebling effect that indicates time to replace, but nothing wrong with the steering.(I thought wheels were unbalance, but it was this little transversal piece of rubber, because of worn out tyre, hiting the road) Just curiosity, here in Madrid paid 1.300? (1.950$) for the four, how much in the States?

According to our most trusted US supplier around $1200 a set, before delivery & sales tax.

Andrew Macpherson

Sport Button On - DSC Off gutMD's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macfly View Post
    The Michelin Pilot Sport 2 is my choice for our car. It has incredible grip, but also a much more compliant ride than any of the other tires I have tried. You can order them directly for the stock wheel sizes from Tirerack or Costco.

It is always a good idea to get your alignment checked and dialed in correctly as well as having the wheels balanced. I'd suggest looking for a specialty tire shop that does Ferrari's etc, with a full Hunter alignment machine to do the set up.
    Andrew, what is your impression of your P-zero's relative to the PS 2's ? I believe I read that you have these on your new 20" motorsport wheels.
    ---------------------------------
    Regards,
    Gary
    2002 Topaz // Crema

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    Thanks for the tip on tire rack.com, Andrew.

Mine still has the RF's with about 12K miles. About time I looked for new skin!

what is your impression of your P-zero's relative to the PS 2's
    I haven't yet driven them with any kind of gusto, so don't really have an impression, but from all that I've read about them I think they will be so close to the MPS2 that there'll be no difference at the speeds I use the Z8 at.
    Andrew Macpherson