Thread: Gas Stations

Sport Button On - DSC Off Kevin's Avatar

Gas Stations

To some it makes no difference, while to others it means the world. What brand of gas do you put in your Z8's or other cars. Ive personally always used Shell in all my cars until I went today and saw they knocked the whole thing down and are rebuilding . No other Shell stations around so its time to pick a new brand.

Any suggestions?
    2003 Z8 Silver/Black AH62031 (Sold)

Many of us here prefer Chevron based on a series of threads from almost a decade ago on the old Roadfly board about the best quality gas. From memory Chevron won because of the additives and cleaners they put in the fuel.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Sport Button On - DSC Off Kevin's Avatar
    Unfortunately there are no Chevron stations within a 15 mile radius of where I live. I guess Mobil it is?
    2003 Z8 Silver/Black AH62031 (Sold)

Z8Mania
    There are many Mobil stations around here so thats what I use. I also use Shell. Almost no Chevron. I'm not particularly loyal to brand, rather to location. However, I will go out of my way to avoid supporting the communist Hugo Chavez (I know he passed but his policies remain) Citgo.

Agree Mania - Say NO to CITGO! I thought they changed their name to something else and continued operating, but now that I've looked into it, I don't think that really happened. Soon after all the bad press, all the Citgos around the PHX area seemed to close and I don't see them in the area any more...NOT that I've missed them.
    I try to use Shell (since Texacos are gone around here) and Chevron, but when on the road, you're forced to use what's available.

I was going to recommend Texaco since they are owned by chevron... Likely the same gas.

Z8 Millennial Monster hayvenhurstkid's Avatar
    Personally I use Valero whenever possible. American owned, American wells, and American refined. I try to send no petro-dollars to the Middle East. Shell is the largest importer of Middle Eastern oil. I won't buy from them.
    Marty

2001 Z8
    2014 Range Rover sport Autobiography
    2013 Ford Raptor
    2011 Porsche 911 turbo S coupe

Z8Mania
    Good to know!

Gas

I've always had very good luck in all of my cars with Exxon and Mobil. (now the same) Good additive package and availability around me.
    StuM
    2013 M3 Lime Rock Edition coupe (sold)
    2011 Audi R8 V10 Spyder (sold)
    2011 6.2L Raptor
    2002 BMW Z8 (sold)
    1967 Corvette 427 roadster
    2013 Maser MC convt
    2014 BMW i8 (pending)