Thread: 2001 Z8 (#60549) - Sold

Z8 Novice

2001 Z8 (#60549) - Sold

2001 BMW Z8 for Sale

2025 miles. Immaculate, pristine condition. Titanium silver exterior, Red/Black interior. Hardtop with stand and cover. All options included + two sets of red mats and 2 BMW phones. The car is stored in a heated garage. Never driven in inclement weather. $115,000. Serious inquiries only. Please contact: [email protected] or via cell on +1-917-667-7772. Julio Herrera

Sport Button On - DSC Off
    I am amazed by the willpower some folks have to let their Z8s sit.
    My 2001 had 4400 miles when I scooped her up April 2005. (Yeah, she's a euro but I really don't view that as a neg aside from the fact that its designed to carry US plates.) I initially planned to drive minimally, perhaps up to 1000 mi/yr. Have had to revise my annual estimate north of 3500 and since I live in MI, I have at best 7 months out of the year to have her out.
    I know that there are others in MI but have yet to encounter one. Maybe their owners have the willpower I obviously lack!

I'm with you, cars are for driving, and life is for living. The art on my wall has appreciated over 100 times in the twenty odd years I've had it, no car can match that rate of return with a total lack of running costs!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by jdillane View Post
    I am amazed by the willpower some folks have to let their Z8s sit.
    My 2001 had 4400 miles when I scooped her up April 2005. (Yeah, she's a euro but I really don't view that as a neg aside from the fact that its designed to carry US plates.) I initially planned to drive minimally, perhaps up to 1000 mi/yr. Have had to revise my annual estimate north of 3500 and since I live in MI, I have at best 7 months out of the year to have her out.
    I know that there are others in MI but have yet to encounter one. Maybe their owners have the willpower I obviously lack!
    Yeah, it is tough indeed. Every day we face the question "drive the Z8 today?" and every day you think, "yeah, that would be great!". But then you think of all the other things you need to get done, whether to earn money, to ensure the garden stays alive, to dig out from the dust bunnies in the family room, or just to shovel food into the youngsters giant mouths. Life conspires to limit opportunities. And with what is left, some of us still resist. I've only got 26000 Km (roughly 14000 Miles) on my 2001 so, yes, guilty as charged. Gotta admit though, that each time out is quite special, even now. Savoring it, that's what I'm doing.

Put some miles on those babies!!

I thought I was bad with only 25000 miles on my '01. You guys make my car look like a daily driver. Unless you really bought the car strictly for long term collector value (in which case you shouldn't have bought the car to begin with), how can you let them sit there?

The worst problem I have from driving the car is an constant pain in my jaw from smiling so much by the end of the day!

Ha! I have found that ibuprophen helps with the pain from extended smiling.

(helps my knees, too!)

Sport Button On - DSC Off jpklecker's Avatar

Thumbs up Built for driving

I agree with all of you, this car was meant to be driven! I am just shy of 28,000 miles on my 2002 Z8. The only problem I have encountered here in Arizona, with frequent drives, is the stone chips to the front of the car. I have also just replaced my windshield for the second time due to stones. Happy driving to all of you!!!

Does anyone know whats the highest mileage/kilometers a Z8 has covered? We should get a comment from that guy.
    Jim

whats the highest mileage/kilometers a Z8 has covered?
    I have seen Z8's in Europe with well over 100,000kms on them, but I'm not sure about the highest mileage US car, I think someone posted they had one up in the 70's a while back.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.