Thread: ACS/Schnitzer Setup

ACS/Schnitzer Setup

I keep reading here that the ACS setup is no longer available for whatever reason.

I think it is worth noticing that this may be true for the US, however, here in Germany it is no problem to obtain them. For my #2 Z8 I got one I think in February this year.

If this constitutes a problem we should think about a group purchase here in Germany and joint shipment to the US.

For me, the ACS setup is still the best compromise between comfort and handling. For those who prefer a softer ride, the Alpina setup may be worth looking at.
    Best regards, Dieter

I had the ACS set up on my first Z8, and liked it, especially at the track, but it gives a much, much rougher ride on our poorly surfaced roads out here.

I still have the full K&W Coilover kit here, but never did try it out on the car, how does it compare to the ACS set up?
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

The K&W Coilovers are lower and stiffer comared to the ACS setup.
    Best regards, Dieter

Well I doubt they'll be of any use to anyone here - know anyone over there who'd like the set I have?

I just had the pleasure of being driven around the back roads of central California by an ex-racer who drives like the wind in an ACS suspensioned car, and IMHO it is too stiff a set up for the Z8 on the twisty back roads of our fair state.

The ACS set up may make sense on the pool table smooth roads in Europe, but here on our rough, but pretty scenic byways it has the car hopping, skipping, slithering and thumping all over the place, which gets a little tiring, and does nothing for the handling.
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.