Thread: Performance Package available for ALPINA ROADSTER V8

Sport Button On - DSC Off Juergen Wunderlich's Avatar

Performance Package available for ALPINA ROADSTER V8

We just received a note directly from ALPINA regarding the Performance Package for the ALPINA Roadster V8.

The Performance Package will be available in May, 2007 and the set will contain:

The original BMW Performance Package for the BMW Z8 with the
    part nr. 51 71 0 420 758 and two small sheet metal lashes with the
    part nr. 31 33 0 423 173.

The original BMW Z8 manual for the Performance Package will get an addition for the ALPINA Roadster V8.

The price for the set and the labour should be almost equivalent to the BMW Z8 one.
    Best Regards,

Jürgen

Will you be able to post the installation insturctions on the web site? Also does anyone have a dealership in NJ that they would use for the installation? I have been using Flemington BMW and have been very happy with their service, but I do not believe that they have installed any performance packages so far on either z8's or Alpina's.

My dealer has not been able to locate the PP for the Alpina. Has anyone else had any success yet in ordering the package?

Received an email today from BMW NA that the Alpina PP is now available in the U.S. The part number that was given to me differs slightly from the post above, but I believe it is just a number reversal on someone's part. I will try to finalize which one is correct. This is the number that was provided to me by BMW is
    31 33 0 432 173. The numbers in bold are the ones in question.

BMW NA just confirmed that the correct part number is 31 33 0 432 173.

Alpina Z8 PP in stock

I have the parts in stock for the Alpina Z8 Performance package. I expect to be doing one soon. I will let you all know the outcome and if it takes any longer. (I don't really see it taking longer though.)

Dana Caldwell
    Service & Parts Director
    Peter Pan BMW
    dana@peterpanbmw.com

Thanks Dana!
    Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

I am dropping my Alpina off for the Performance Package installation tomorrow evening. As I will be away for a week at Kiawah I plan on leaving it at the dealer so that they can focus on the install when they have plenty of time. Once I get back I will post pictures of the finished installlationl so that people can see how it looks on an Alpina.

We performed our first Alpina Performance package a few days ago. Absolutely no problems. The install is identical to the Z8 with the exception of the different airbox brackets part# 31-33-0-432-173. Install time is the same as the published time for Z8's (8.5 hours)

Dana Caldwell
    Service & Parts Director
    Peter Pan BMW
    San Mateo, ca
    www.peterpanbmw.com

Would have loved to have you do the install, but the whole East Coast West Coast thing made it impractical. Thanks for your help the other day.

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    I had the PP installed on my Alpina this week at Braman Motors in Miami.
    No problems whatsoever.
    Call Marcos at 786-282-1415. Great guy, great service, as always.

Cost: 12 hours @ $135 + $638 in parts + tax for a total of $2,426.76

Peace of mind: priceless.

in Coral Gables, Florida DirkZ8's Avatar
    PP on Alpina

You beat me to the pictures. Mine looks exactly the same. I paid $649 for parts and only $546 for labor on the install, plus $129 for a four wheel alignment once they were done, for a total of $1,324. I used Flemington BMW in Flemington NJ. They have been great everytime that I have used them. This was the first PP that they have installed, but it went off with out a hitch. The contact that I have used is Jim Hierl at 908 824 9914