Thread: New wheel set up....

DSC Off

New wheel set up....

...ready to take plunge. Looking at RD-2s 19" with Pirelli rubber and Brembos. I'm estimating $350 per wheel for rubber, $600 per rim and $1k per wheel for braking...plus $800 per wheel for install....11k for whole set up. For those of you who have done this, is this in the ballpark pricewise. Oh ya, plus several K for jewelry I'll need for bling for significant other to allow me to "squander" this money while we are in the midst of adding a carriage house to our property. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Bling factor

Current research indicates that bling factor must be computed by taking the expected automotive enhancement value and multiply by 1.7. If you choose the option of never hearing "but you spent X dollars on that stupid car", you must multiply by an additional .3 per year that you want to hear nothing. Keep in mind that this is very dangerous territory and changes at whim (sorry, not yours).

Sport Button On - DSC Off Z8-NL's Avatar
    the brakes will set you back about 6500 (all four though!!)

I think that your total may be more like $13K based on my recent changes -
    brakes ~ 6600
    wheels ~ 4000
    tires ~ 1300
    alingment ~ 350
    labor ~ 800

Andrew Macpherson

Expert Z8 Inspections, with full support for both Z8 sale and purchases.

As I'm planning on the RD2s as well, I was quoted a price of $500 for each wheel and $6,000 for the Brembos. So, your estimates are pretty close except brakes will run $1,500 per corner.

Labor and alignment are considerably cheaper here in TX. So, I'll defer to Andrew's estimates.
    Last edited by thegunguy; April 27th 2007 at 19:06.
    thegunguy

DSC Off

Thank you gents....

.......for all your help!